“A relaxing weekend!”

The Inn at Lucky Mud
Ranked #4 of 5 Skamokawa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 April 2017

My boyfriend and I spent a long weekend over Presidents' Day at the Inn. I had been wanting to check it out for a while after hearing about the disc golf course. Unfortunately, the really wet weather prevented us from taking advantage of the course, which looks to be a challenge. The new owners were great. Very accommodating and available, without being intrusive. They have some exciting plans for the inn and I am looking forward to going back and seeing their progress.

The Audubon room was comfortable, though the bed was a tad soft for my taste. The views from the balcony were lovely, overlooking the pond and the resident deer that rested under the trees.

We got some great tips on things to see and places to go. Breakfasts were delicious and kept us going well into the afternoon.

All in all, it was a memorable experience. Quiet inn in an out-of-the way location but still plenty to do. A relaxing place to stay and a very romantic weekend! We will be back!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 10 September 2016

My wife and I had the best night of sleep at The Lucky Mud Inn. This place is amazing. As we traveled down the road to the inn, we were treated to a drive through rural Washington, off the main highway. Sara and Adam were excellent hosts and the room was wonderful. We woke to deer on the lawn in front of our room, and then had an excellent breakfast prepared by Adam. We enjoyed hearing about the local area and the history of this inn. We were sent on our way with fresh coffee and a piece of Adam's Smoked Salmon! Our only regret is that we had just one night. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rmfrederick
luckymud, Manager at The Inn at Lucky Mud, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Great having you guys, hope you enjoyed the coast on your drive home! We look forward to seeing you again!

Adam and Sara

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

We were in a tight spot and Jessica came to our rescue. Had to return to Skamokawa for a memorial for my cousin that had passed away and Jessica made everything so easy for us. Such a wonderful place to go and get lost. We were sad to hear that she is going to retire but we're happy that Adam and his wife are going to be stepping in and taking over for her. She will still be there but just puttering around.
We had a great time and most likely will return.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
luckymud, Owner at The Inn at Lucky Mud, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

Thanks for all your stories, Lana. I enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

We have just returned from a delightful stay at the Inn at Lucky Mud. What a pleasant place to spend a week end! It is definitely off the beaten path at the end of a county road which follows a meandering creek. The inn was designed by the hostess. It has an elegantly styled entry and a sitting area with beamed ceilings which looks out into the valley. The name Skamokawa (a Chinook word) means land of many smokes describing the mist that often covers the valley. We stayed in the Audubon room which has a private balcony overlooking the pond. Our hostess, Jessica, prepared the most delicious breakfasts. Much of her food is produced there on the property. The atmosphere is very relaxing. The inn is located on 40 acres which includes a"Frisbee" golf course. Features of this very small town include Redmen Hall with historic displays and a gift shop and opportunities to kayak on the Columbia River,

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
luckymud, Owner at The Inn at Lucky Mud, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Thanks, Mary. And I enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

Jessica was a wonderful host! The food was amazing (especially the French today the first breakfast). The property was so wonderful and relaxing. Perfectly situated for kayaking. I even got a mousing lesson from the resident 23 year old cat. (I failed miserably) (picture below is the view from our room, The Audubon Room)

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2014

Tucked away up the road from the mighty Columbia River sits an oasis of tranquility named for a quote from a Kurt Vonnegut novel. The B&B sits in the middle of lush acreage with a tranquil pond in view and several apple trees which keep the deer happy. Our hostess Jessica always greeted us with a smile, plenty of coffee in the morning and wonderful breakfasts fresh off the farm. The rooms are comfortable with each one providing a restful view of the pond. There is a common room downstairs with plenty of books, games and movies to keep indoor people happy. The B&B allows you to enjoy the incredible scenery around you from your porch or a cozy bed. It is well worth the 1.5 hour drive from the Portland airport.

Room Tip: Each room has a unique decor and usually a queen bed and a twin.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 675Ginger
luckymud, Owner at The Inn at Lucky Mud, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2014

Thanks, Ginger. A fabulous group to end the season.

Reviewed 9 October 2014

I stayed at the Inn at Lucky Mud for a week in early October.
Jessica met me at the door with a smile on her face. Mother deer and her two babies were there as well.

I stayed in the Cedar room. Good size with a double bed and a queen sized bed.
French doors open to view the pond and Forrest. Two good sized windows on either size of the doors provided cross ventilation as well as additional views of the surrounding area. Right now I'm looking at the deer right outside my French doors.

Jessica is a great cook! Have you ever had French toast made with poundcake? Yummy!

The bathroom was a good size with a tub and shower combination. Heated floor! Toasty toes in morning and getting out of shower.

Inn at Lucky Mud away from city noise and neighbors. Perfect for much needed downtime, yet, close enough to the town of Skamokawa if you want to visit the Columbia River and kayak as I did

Would I stay again? Absolutely!!!

Laurel

Room Tip: Cedar room is wonderful, on first floor. Occasionally the was a problem w wifi
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
luckymud, Owner at The Inn at Lucky Mud, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2014

And you were a delightful guest! Tell your husband he is much admired by my friend.

Been to The Inn at Lucky Mud? Share your experiences!