“Nice Place & Easy access location”

Fairbridge Inn Express
Ranked #34 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 27 October 2007

I looked at other hotels in downtown in the same price range, but this was by far the best deal! I Didn't have high expectations but to my suprise I received excellant service and the beds were VERY comfortable. I would stay here again when I return to Spokane.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
faibridge1, Manager at Fairbridge Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2015

Thank you for taking your time to leave us your guest feedback, we appreciate it!

Reviewed 26 October 2007

Dated, slightly damaged, only okay location. But service was very friendly and helpful. Would try other locations to see if there are better options in the same price range, but would not be opposed to returning.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 May 2007

convenient downtown location, nice beds and good breakfast selections.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 August 2006

This hotel is situated very close to Spokane's Greyhound bus terminal. No offense to those good Americans who choose that method of travel, but it does tend to bring out a lot of transients and panhandlers. A couple of aggressive panhandlers followed and harassed me and my wife as we left the Ho Jo parking lot and were walking toward Riverfront Park. I finally turned around and flashed my permitted concealed weapon to them, at which point, they quickly turned down a back street. To be completely honest with you, I wouldn't feel comfortable staying at this Ho Jo without a sidearm. The knife incident I read about on this site didn't really surprise me. On my last night there, I walked into the lobby to get a Coke and the young girl at the front desk was crying into the telephone saying "I can't take this, I'm freaking out right now!!" and then she rushed into the back room not to be seen again until the police arrived a few minutes later (I saw their lights through my curtain). Next time I'm in Spokane, I'm going to spend the extra bucks to stay somewhere that is at least in a safer area.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vinteron666

Reviewed 17 July 2006

Nothing to complain about, all was great:

Clean room
Clean Bathroom
Soap, shampoo, fresh towels
Working TV
Nice breakfast
Large parking lot

I requested a wake-up call, got one as requested.
They even had coffe at 2am (when I arrived)

• Stayed: July 2006

Reviewed 18 September 2005

I don't have anything bad to say about the Hotel facilities, but we had a very troubling experience with an aggressive panhandler in the parking lot while we were trying to unpack the car. The man eventually showed a knife, which he was willing to trade for $20. It took many minutes for us to get to the Hotel's lobby. The attendant that evening was unwilling to do anything when I talked to her, but when this guy came into the lobby looking for us she told him to leave or she would call the police.
On the morning we left, I talked to the attendant, and she had no interest in what happened in her parking lot and told me in very few words that it was not Howard Johnson's problem in any way. I think it might be important for you to know they had seen this guy before and called the police to have him taken off the property. This gives me an indication we were not the first people to have problems with safety at this location. Just keep your eyes open.

• Stayed: September 2005
13  Thank Nickelroll

A TripAdvisor Member
Stanhope, NJ
Reviewed 1 October 2004

Located in downtown Spokane and just a few minutes from the airport. The rooms are clean and well kept. The staff is very friendly from the housekeepers, maintenance people to the front desk. The continental breakfast had a wide variety of selections. Highly recommend!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member