Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown
US$130
US$110
US$101
  • Pool
Quality Inn Oakwood(Spokane)(Great Value!)
US$102
Ruby2(Spokane)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Breakfast included
US$65
Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn(Spokane)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$89
All reviewshi expressmilk and cookiesthe riversmall balconythe breakfast areabreakfast ladythe hotel sitsbeautiful propertyyogurtspokane downtownhighly recommend this hotelriverfront parkparking lotcomfortable bedsfree breakfaststaff was very friendly and helpfuldefinitely stay here again
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Very nice hotel with omelets, fresh fruit, biscuits & gravy, killer cinnamon rolls, etc. for breakfast.
Room was very nice with view of Spokane River. Very friendly staff. We really enjoyed the
English bulldog at the front desk.

Room Tip: Rooms 207, 307 & 407 have views of the Spokane River.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

I am so glad you stayed with us! Thank you. And I appreciate your great comments. For the views and the service there is no other hotel like ours in Spokane. We love our guests, we love our jobs, and we love serving people. I have an amazing staff that does and incredible job at doing their job. From front desk to breakfast bar, to housekeeping, laundry and maintenance, everyone is engaged and glad to be working. It shows in their quality of work! Thank you for recognizing them! I will share your comments with my supervisors and my staff! Please come stay with us again!

Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

stayed here after their sister property out in the Valley was full - there were smoking rooms left, but we didn't want those, so the Valley called ahead to get us rooms downtown. Kudos to both properties for teamwork.

Location is nice, up on "the Rock" - very convenient to downtown & Gonzaga. Several blocks off of I-90, fwiw.

Free sandwiches, beer, wine, lemonade in evening, then milk & cookies!

Resident bulldog "Bebe" was asleep most of our visit, but it's fun that there's a dog here as well as out in the Valley HI-Ex.

Bathrooms are kind of small, but adequate.

Rooms on first floor north side have both interior and exterior doors.

We would stay again. Just wish there were a swimming pool. :-)

• Stayed: May 2012
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Spokane Holiday Inn Express's. We do both strive to make our guest feel at home. Since we don't have a pool, we do offer $5 passes to the YMCA for a family of 4 which is about 1 mile from our location. Thank you so much for staying with us! Please come back a visit us again.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I really like staying at this hotel. The property is pretty much what one would expect of a Holiday Inn Express: basic, clean, and well-valued. Where The Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown really stands out is its staff. I've stayed here twice and was both times impressed by how helpful and genuine their service was. Everyone was so pleasant and sincerely interested in making sure my stay was comfortable and that I had everything I needed or wanted.

Also on staff, in addition to the humans, is Bebe, a kind dog who lives behind the front desk. She's very calm and, if you don't see her, you're not even likely to know she's there. So, if you're not a dog fan, not to worry. She poses for photos at request but mostly just sleeps, relaxes, and lazes about. She adds to the at-home feel of the place.

The location is not directly downtown but is, in good weather, a very pleasant, ten-minute walk through the park and across any of the footbridges into downtown proper. Downtown there are plenty of restaurants, some shopping (including major department stores Nordstrom and Macy's), and a large cinema. If you don't feel like walking or if the weather isn't agreeable, they'll shuttle you there at your request. Once I walked downtown for dinner but preferred not to walk back: I phoned the hotel and the shuttle was there in five minutes. The park, basically at the hotel's front door, is very nice and is not to be missed.

Speaking of the shuttle, they do run a shuttle to and from the airport. It's handy, convenient, and a very nice amenity that'll save you taxi fare. (It does not run 24 hours but runs late and early enough that most guests will find it useful.)

The hotel's hard product is good and along the lines of what one would expect. There is apparently a renovation and upgrade underway, so things may be upgraded if you're reading this some months after my stay. I don't give such a short mention of the rooms and common spaces to indicate they're anything less than comfortable, well-kept, and nice, but, for me, what this property offered that set it apart was certainly the people working there.

If travels take you to Spokane, I can certainly recommend this well-kept, comfortable property and its wonderful and welcoming staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. My staff is truly amazing!!! I appreciate them so much and I am so glad that you provided such great comments. I shared your comments with my staff at our recent staff meeting. And our hotel truly has been transformed to look like a historic building. The first phase is complete! The second phase which will expand the breakfast bar and lobby will be done sometime in the near future; most likely this fall. We look forward to you staying with us again should you travel to Spokane and we welcome any suggestions on how we could be better. Thank you again!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

They were remodeling last time I went but I know they alway offer great service.

Room Tip: A room facing the river is always nice!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for sharing! Good news!!!! We are almost finished with the first phase of the exterior of the hotel!! Everything will be back to normal in about 10 days. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed March 7, 2012

This place was great. We loved having a balcony room facing the river walk. Really provided for a nice romantic getaway. Already planning to go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here "On the Rock". We do have incredible views from our hotel, especially on the Spokane River side. Our exterior renovation is almost complete. The parking lot should be cleaned up and the first phase complete by the end of March. We are looking forward to an incredible summer season! Please come stay with us again.