“Gramma, grampa, grandsons and their parents boat into C d'A dinner”
Review of Scratch Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Scratch Restaurant & Lounge
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2015

What a gem of a restaurant Scratch is, in the heart of happening C d'A at 5th and Sherman, a short walk from the "Boardwalk" of the C d'A Resort where we tied up our boat. We reserved buy it probably wasn't necessary. Very personal attention with immediate seating, and table settings, and nearly instantaneous wine opening with decent glasses. Our waiter, Michael, was professional but very friendly, and knew the electronic games the grandsons were playing and discussed with them some of the sticklers. He explained details of the menu, and the boys chose penne pasta with meatballs (which were large and abundant) and the other cheeseburger (Kobe beef on a bun kinda like a kaiser roll) and both dug in. The older boy also had the soup of day, a tomato which I thought delicious. I had the salmon, grilled beautifully with a cucumber salad which was "picada" mango salsa, rice, and green beans. Wife has seared Ahi tuna which was sesame crusted and delicious. Son had a pasta dish which he raved about and his wife had the seafood hotpot which had an abundance of recognizable seafood and great flavor. We started with Robert Karl Cabernet Sauvignon with the salads which had some pancetta and Bree making a great match. Then we got the Spanish rose from Marquis cascese which was too cold when brought out, but developed lovely soft strawberry flavors on warming a bit which wonderfully complimented the seafood dishes. Dusk was falling as we got back to the boat, and twinkling lights around the lake shore punctuated our boat ride back to our own dock and beach house. A lovely evening at a very good restaurant in lovely Coeur d'Alene.

Reviewed August 16, 2015 via mobile

Went for breakfast this morning took 20 minutes to get water then they took are order. We ordered with our meal coffee and mimosa First thing we notice is everyone who ordered coffee getting up and going next door for coffee and bringing it to my table. The people next to us ordered got their food and never did get their coffee only excuses about how busy they are. At this point of time 30 minutes later we had drank the mochas I got next door and was still waiting for my coffee. Then the waitress comes out with 2 coffees for the people next to us and spills coffee all over the guy and says I'm so sorry we are so busy. He is way nicer than I would be by saying that's ok I understand. Then 45 minutes after we sat down she brings are meals and still doesn't have are drinks. I told her I'm not as nice as all the other people and I expect my dam coffee now. When the other waiter finally brought are coffee we were completely done with are breakfast and so I asked for my bill because I know that was going to be a huge problem because the people next to us 20 minutes earlier still have not got their visa back with the bill. So on top of all this my wife asks for milk and sugar for the coffee and they said they were out of sugar but could bring milk which they never did
The bill was $38 so as to not be to mean I have $45 cash. After I walked in and gave here the money with the bill I here her say Cash Really??? The big mistake I made was I should have turned around asked for the money back and taken $5 back. What a bunch of smuks. The foods good but the service stinks. I'll be very surprised if they make it through this winter. The other people waiting for their visa when we left.

1  Thank ken02034
Reviewed August 2, 2015 via mobile

Looking for a great lunch without the smokey pub atmosphere? This is your stop. Great selection of entrees, fresh and beautifully presented, fabulous beer and wine list, warm staff and bright atmosphere.

Reviewed July 29, 2015

Had some great fish on sidewalk patio... service staff and food were excellent. Followed the recommendations of our server Echo and she was spot on... Great food and spot!

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed July 28, 2015

My husband and I ate here for our first wedding Anniversary and were so pleased with our choice!! We had a great day in Coeur d'alene, took the cruise, had drinks, shopped and then topped off our day for dinner at Scratch. We had very friendly staff, our waitress was a sweetie and very easy going! She made sure we always had a drink in our hand and even helped decide on what we should have from the menu. We were not disapointed! I had the grown-up mac and cheese full of prawns, scallops and crab.....AMAZING!!!! Such a great dinner for a pretty decent price; you certainly get what you pay for! I also recommend the baquette for the appetizer :) We enjoyed our meal outside while watching people walk by, sharing in all the experiences around us with others!

Date of visit: July 2015