“SCRATCH THIS ONE OFF YOUR LIST!!!”
Review of Scratch Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Scratch Restaurant & Lounge
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2009

The menu and atmosphere looked good from the front door so we ventured in to give it a try. The food was good going down. We had the twisted philo dough with pesto (delivered late) and it was very tasty and nicely presented. Then came the spinach house salad...again very tasty and nicely presented. Then came the fried calamari. This was not served with any lemon so I had to ask for some. It was a pretty good size amount of squid on one plate as an appetizer, but I’m guessing that it was not cooked all the way since I woke up at 1:30 in the morning severely nauseated blew out dinner into the toilet…It tasted good going down, but not the second time around. The main course was fish for me and steak for my wife. The steak looked a little raw in the middle and burnt on the outside. There was plenty of black on it which does not appeal to me. I don’t like the taste of the charred food stuck on my grill…I scrape that junk off and throw it away…maybe it appeals to some, but not me. The fish I had was tasty, but the portion was extremely small and artistically displayed. Fancy looking food is not a priority with me…I care more about taste and portion…it did taste good, but was nothing to get full on except for the fact that it was very saturated in some kind of oil which made you feel full on a small amount of food…which probably added to the indigestion and chumming later that night. After blowing over $100 on a “nice” dinner for two…I will definitely SCRATCH this one off my list…I’M NEVER GOING BACK. You’ve all been warned…there is better tasting more affordable food elsewhere that you won’t have to taste a second time.

Reviewed October 22, 2009

I had a wonderful experience at the CDA Scratch, from the moment we sat to dessert. The Scratch in CDA just opened this past summer, so I assume they are getting out "new restaurant" kinks, but to be honest... I didn't experience any kinks. Apparently the original Scratch in Spokane is even more wonderful, with a lounge next door called "Rain". I'll have to check it out. This is just what the Coeur d'Alene area needed... we all know great food in cda is hard to find. It is a must-try!!

Reviewed August 16, 2009

Scratch of Spokane opened a restaurant in CDA this summer.
We had lunch in CDA and had two excellent paninis and salads. Sat on the street on a wonderful day. Based on our experience, this is going to be a great restaurant in CDA. Don't know how to post a new restaurant to Trip Advisor (only review ones previously posted).

501 Sherman Ave in CDA

Here is the Scratch website. http://www.scratchspokane.com/index.htm