“Service charge for no service?”

Petit Chat Village Bakery
Ranked #4 of 17 Bakeries in Spokane
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

Prices are way too high these days for the quality of service being given. Two sandwiches cost thirty dollars now. And they slap on a substantial service charge, but still ask for tips. It used to be that college students on a budget could come here, get excellent baked goods or a sandwich, and relax in a quiet atmosphere.

Now, the staff is rude or disinterested. They dress unprofessionally; I don't want to see the fry chef's butt crack when I come through the door. I don't care if you're wearing pajamas, just please don't appear like you might actually contaminate my food when you handle it.

I have had very negative experiences lately. I ordered a fried sandwich last month, and it came to me after 20 minutes and was completely cold! The meat and cheese were clearly just out of the refrigerator and the bread was not even toasted. The employee just laughed and took it in the back when I asked for it to be fried like the board said it was. It came back a minute later steaming hot; it clearly had been microwaved.

Today, I decided to give it a shot. I called ahead and asked for my order to be ready in twenty minutes. I showed up to an empty restaurant. But despite this lack of activity, they had not even started on my order! It took another five minutes for them to start my order.

This used to be a great place. I don't know what happened to them. But I won't be back.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

Went here today to buy some croissants and after standing in line was rudely told by the man at the register “We are sold out !” No apology or come back etc. I left and went to Panera on Division where the staff are polite and actually baked some for me. Their croissants are very good and less expensive than Petit Chat

1  Thank pamela w
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Next to Whitworth University so you'll always find students or faculty stopping in. I like the bran muffin with the glaze and walnuts. Cinnamon rolls yum and they will heat your pasties up if you want. They have breakfast items and lunch. We like their Ruben when stopping for lunch.

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

The food is taking longer to cook. Drinks are coming out wrong. I’m no longer a regular here because not only do they frequently make mistakes on my order but they are also becoming more expensive. I’ve had them argue with me about the validity of a TextMuse coupon twice now. I’ve lost my patience with this establishment. It used to be a staple of Spokane, and now it’s just a sideshow.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

I was driving in the area, hungry for lunch, when I saw Petit Chat on the side of the road and turned around to stop for lunch. What a wonderful place to eat! It had variety of comfortable chairs in various configurations to eat sitting with friends at a traditional table, or in a wingback chair at a table for one or two. The food was tasty, and the cannolis were a nice final touch! I wished a restaurant/bakery like that would come to my neighborhood!

Date of visit: July 2017

Been to Petit Chat Village Bakery? Share your experiences!