“Great little local bakery”

Petit Chat Village Bakery
Ranked #4 of 17 Bakeries in Spokane
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

This place is near my home so I go frequently. They're extremely friendly and have large delicious Bakery Goods. They also have other breakfast dishes available. They're good lattes and unlimited refills on the coffee. Great place for breakfast a snack or lunch

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 18, 2018

The turkey sandwich had exactly one thin slice of turkey, no cream cheese and a green tomato and the Pastrami/ Swiss had one thin slice of pastrami and no swiss cheese! Worse - the bread was stale. Two sandwiches,one coffee $35.22!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 29, 2018

Just average baked goods at Seattle prices, and the service is very inconsistent and slow. Parking is also a problem.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Never have I ever paid $6 for one croissant. It was mediocre and the staff was definitely not friendly. Probably won’t be going back unfortunately.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

Prices are way too high these days for the quality of service being given. Two sandwiches cost thirty dollars now. And they slap on a substantial service charge, but still ask for tips. It used to be that college students on a budget could come here, get excellent baked goods or a sandwich, and relax in a quiet atmosphere.

Now, the staff is rude or disinterested. They dress unprofessionally; I don't want to see the fry chef's butt crack when I come through the door. I don't care if you're wearing pajamas, just please don't appear like you might actually contaminate my food when you handle it.

I have had very negative experiences lately. I ordered a fried sandwich last month, and it came to me after 20 minutes and was completely cold! The meat and cheese were clearly just out of the refrigerator and the bread was not even toasted. The employee just laughed and took it in the back when I asked for it to be fried like the board said it was. It came back a minute later steaming hot; it clearly had been microwaved.

Today, I decided to give it a shot. I called ahead and asked for my order to be ready in twenty minutes. I showed up to an empty restaurant. But despite this lack of activity, they had not even started on my order! It took another five minutes for them to start my order.

This used to be a great place. I don't know what happened to them. But I won't be back.

Date of visit: January 2018

Been to Petit Chat Village Bakery? Share your experiences!