“family carrying traditional recipes .. styled thai food .. as good as it gets”
Review of A Taste of Thai

A Taste of Thai
Ranked #146 of 937 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 6, 2017

sawasdee krab :)

Way up North but so very worth it.
The ambience, service and most importantly the food is absolutely wonderful.
Friday nights, sometimes, are dinner nights with friends and colleagues ..
A lot of them being vegetarian and then their craving for spicy food .. Thai was decided before we could even throw in the options.

Reached at 8.30 pm .. everything felt as if it was way past midnight. The parking lot was deserted and everything was closed.
Yet there was an "OPEN" sign dangling .. yelp also said that they would be open till 9 .. we walked in.
Well .. no one seemed to be in the restaurant as well. I mean customers .. he he :) .. but the staff was there ..
The order was given out quickly and the food came out in the similar fashion as well .. quick.

A spring roll each was $1 .. vegetarian one .. they were great.

My order was a Thai Basil Chicken .. came with some boiled white rice. Asked for a 3 on the spice level .. and managed it as well but this is kinda my limit .. wouldn't want to go like 4 or more.

Among the other things that I tasted were .. Ginger Chicken, Some sauteed veggies in hot garlic sauce, pad Thai .. everything yeah right up there.

There were fruit sodas as well .. which btw are a must have .. some fruity slush topped with coconut milk .. just $1.50 each.

The prices are great for such fresh food out of the wok .. place is neat and clean and tidy .. the staff is lovely.
The restaurant is set as traditional as a way one could expect .. the lovely colors with murals and hangings and paintings all so reminiscent of Thailand.

All in all, a great place for some great food.
I will surely be back and often :)

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

We have eaten our way through Thailand and this food equals what we had there and that is saying a lot. It is really hard to find Thai food in the states that is authentic. We noticed the carry out business was booming. I loved my green curry. Everyone in our party was very happy. Portions are huge. We all had leftovers.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

I've lived in Spokane for 11 years and have tried pretty much all of the Thai food restaurants but Taste of Thai is by far my favorite! It's family owned and they always remember my order...even if I haven't been in for awhile! I traveled to Thailand last year and the Thai food at Taste of Thai is on par with what I had there! It's a little find in north Spokane but totally worth it!

Reviewed March 25, 2017

Small location. Service might be a little slow on a Friday or Saturday night. We were here on St. Patrick’s Day and Good Friday – so trying to find parking was a little difficult. We got a table quickly and drinks shortly after being seated. The main entrees took a while to arrive, but the place was full and it looked like they had a number of takeout orders also. The spring rolls were deep fried, but tasted good. There were numerous gluten free options on the menu. We ordered two entirely different types of dishes and they were both great. There was enough food that we both took home some leftovers and they were just as good the next day for lunch. We were very happy that we found this location with the help of previous TripAdvisor reviews.

Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

Love Taste of Thai. It's a family owned and run restaurant. They are so nice and kind. The food is excellent. I love the Chicken and Spinach with peanut sauce dish. The kids love the Chicken Curry Potato dish. Everything is made fresh daily. We can taste the freshness

Been to A Taste of Thai? Share your experiences!