“Pretty Good basic one item meal, but box up your own leftovers (Seriously)”

Gordy's Sichuan Cafe
Ranked #51 of 955 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Please be advised that the restaurant will be closed from Aug 7th through Aug 16th,2011 We will reopen Aug 17th.Thank You
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Had the Black Peppered beef, meat was nice and pleasantly seasoned and small to average amount, a little disappointed it only came with just the meat and meat only. For an extra dollar for each guest they will give you steamed basic rice.... Hmmm Oh well the service was OooKkkk... From the owner of the restaurant... Hmm again, She was pleasant as she could be, being the owner and was knowledgeable about the items on menu. Weird thing is, and I'm saying really weird is that when finished she boxed up my meal and offered an extra scoop of rice, Thats the weird part. When I got home I had only rice and the juice that remained with the meal (Seriously) I am on Carb Diet (Ketosis) So I don't usually finish any restaurant meal. As was the case with this one. I portioned off 1/8 to one quarter of the meal on plate and ate that to stay within my 21g of carbs a day. So I had just a little more than 75% of the meal left. When I got home not one spec of meat or the egg plant bits it was mixed with. Wow Went to the site and made notice of that. Got response from owner server (That I was shocked and had no idea at the time she was owner except that she was overly observant about our reactions to the meals) She stated that she has no idea what happened to the remainder of my meal, said she didn't eat it??? Whatever... Was a pretty good except for the real strange situation with the left overs...

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed May 31, 2017

My sister and I ordered takeout a couple of weeks ago, so I can't comment on the restaurant's atmosphere. However, I will say that the man who answered the phone and took our order was extremely efficient and polite, and our order was ready within minutes of our arrival.

My sister's Black Date Chicken was one of the best Chinese dishes I've ever tasted, and I lived in China for three years! I ordered the Smoked Pork Noodle, which was also good, but I would say it was only a couple of steps above Panda Express. We ordered the jiaozi (dumplings) as well, and these were disappointing. I've had the Japanese version (gyoza), as well as jiaozi in both Shanghai and Beijing--I would say that, in my opinon, jiaozi you can get in the freezer section of your local grocery are better than Gordy's.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Heather K
Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

Fusion Chinese in a small always-full restaurant on the South Hill. Great food with very unusual flavors (you can upgrade or downgrade the heat level) and great service. Out-of-towners SWOON. Caution: it tends to require an adventuresome palate.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 28, 2017

Good service, good food. I think we always get the green beans. Can't recall any dish that we didn't enjoy. One of the very best restaurants for Asian food.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 10, 2017

It's a little pricey, but we go a few times a year because it is hands down the best Chinese food in Spokane!

Date of visit: January 2017

Been to Gordy's Sichuan Cafe? Share your experiences!