“Too bad. ”

Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Please be advised that the restaurant will be closed from Aug 7th through Aug 16th,2011 We will reopen Aug 17th.Thank You
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Gordy’s used to be a favorite place when we visited Spokane (often). Unfortunately the dinner we experienced tonight was almost inedible. Gloppy tasteless soup. Heavy sauce on overcooked fish. Heavy sauce (same? is it from a giant can?) on broccoli and mushrooms dish. When questioned, discovered ownership had changed. We won’t be back.

1  Thank dixiechicken

Reviewed December 9, 2017

Disappointing!
1) Waitress/Owner "lost" the ticket she never wrote, but committed to memory;
2) Brought the soup, but forgot the entrees;
3) With apology, brought cucumber slices and cashews;
4) brought rice [not ordered] with salty, drenched-w/soy-sauce expensive entrees;
5) wait for non-itemized receipt--soup removed--still $45.00;
Granted, it was a busy Saturday night, but we arrived at 5:20. The menu was varied, the food was hot. Too many shortcomings for return.

1  Thank BossTweed
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely the greatest Chinese flavor I've experienced anywhere. Small quaint venue coupled with authentically prepared Oriental cuisine and unequaled knowledgable and caring service make this a MUST visit whenever I'm in Spokane.
Don't leave Spokane without dining at Gordy's!

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

My dad and son wanted to try Gordy's because of the great reviews!!

We got there, is was cramped, noisy and uncomfortable!!

My husband tried the blackened beef, asked for mild but got way too spicy!! My husband got a soda and they gave him a can of pop!!

We had oolong tea ☕️ which I really liked!!
The oolong ☕️ tea was like green and black tea combined!! Really good!! Don't need too much sugar for that kind of tea!!

I got their dumplings, they were doughy and the vegetables were way too spicy for me too eat!!

My son got sweet and sour pork but said that there was no sour to it, it was just sweet!!

My dad got pork pho noodles, and they weren't too spicy!! The mildest dish along with the sweet and sour pork dish!!

They had chopsticks to use, but we wanted silverware so they gave us spoons then forks, it was somewhat hard to eat!!

The staff was friendly and explained things well. My son said they have the right idea, they just need to fine tune it some more!!

Some of the food looked amazing, but the taste thru you off, my dumplings looked amazing until I bit into the vegetables and the doughy dumpling!!

We got a big bowl of plain rice, my husband and son liked it, my dad tried a little, I didn't try any! It comes with the meals, its set up family style, so you have to adjust to that type of eating!!

We got to go boxes and ended up switching meals around from the ones we had chosen, we didn't end up eating a lot, so most of us were still hungry!!

The staff informed us that their menu is real flexible and they will adjust spiciness as you go, there is 3 levels: MILD, MEDIUM AND HOT!! You can interchange different meats with the dishes, they offer vegan and gluten free options, I believe.

Their menu is quite interchangeable which is nice but you have to understand what you are getting to adjust it to your liking

It's just NOT what we thought!!

Reviewed August 17, 2017

Wonderful food, not the sweet greasy Chinese food that has become ubiquitous in the US. Fresh ingredients, good spicing.