“These are Great Gyros”

Ranked #166 of 943 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed October 5, 2017

If your hungry after eating here it's your own fault. Azar's do not short you on portions: you get a lot of good food. The pistachio baklava is the best. The Gyros are some of the tastiest and the hummus is delicious. We had take-out but I saw the buffet and it looked wonderful. It was always on our list to try but I'm sorry we didn't try it sooner. The lentil soup is the best I have had and it sure had a little bite to it. I had tried some of the dishes at Pig Out in the Park but these portions are so much better. I can't wait to go back again!

Reviewed July 11, 2017

We attended late in the afternoon and were still able to enjoy the great Greek buffet with all the trimmings. The booth seating was quite comfortable. There was Greek salad and hummas as well as hot pickled peppers and pita bread, then a wonderful Greek chicken casserole-like dish, great green beans, lentil soup, saffron rice, and more, with the flavours blending and sparkling. The Lemonade was refreshing. The staff and owner were welcoming and engaged in conversation about the state of the world. Much fun and a real pleasure to chat with community members who care about their community and eat unusually down home authentic food.

Reviewed May 11, 2017

Azar's is one of those rare places that, seriously, everything is delicious.

The restaurant itself might not look like much, and it is in a less elegant part of town, but you'll forget all of that as soon as you sink your teeth into your food!

They have a lunch buffet, so if you are really hungry and you want a good sampling of what they offer, definitely try that! Otherwise, their hummus, gyros, and salads are divine! You really cannot go wrong. Also, pistachio baklava. You're welcome.

1  Thank Krystal H
Reviewed April 15, 2017

One of our favorite lunch buffets in the metro, not for what it has, but what it hasn't. What I mean by that, is they put their specialties out, and let you eat as much of it as you want for a very fair price (in my opinion), without trying to please every palate with unnecessary steam table items. It's a great formula for success, and they've been doing this for decades. I can duplicate nothing they make in my kitchen, and that's what makes every trip here special for me and my family. And when you have two young daughters that go bonkers for gyros....look out! We love these guys, and always find them at the Interstate Fair/Hoopfest/Pig Out in the Park/etc. They are a staple of the Spokane food scene for a reason...

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Haven't eaten here for years.still as good as I remember. Everyone was very friendly. Will have to come back soon.

Been to Azar's Greek Restaurant? Share your experiences!