“Consistently Good Food”

China Dragon Restaurant
Ranked #437 of 955 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We have been coming here since the early 90s when our kids were young. The portions were always large so we could feed our family of four with two combination dinners and still have some to take home in those days. Their pork chow main is delicious and always straight from the wok. They are the only Chinese restaurant in town that we have found that makes a true sweet and sour sauce (it’s brown, not red or orange). Almond Chicken is another favorite as are their Combination Chow Mein, Egg Flour Soup, Kung Pao anything, Pea pod Beef and BBQ Pork. Yes, it is Americanized Chinese food but what we have come to love. Our service has always been fast and efficient. They rarely take time to chat. While the restaurant has had some minimal makeovers over the years, it is definitely in need of a major overhaul. The booths have little cushion or spring left in them and the colors are so outdated.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed April 23, 2018

Love taking my family here. Many different tastes and no one is ever disappointed. Hot , delicious food and lots of it!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed January 18, 2018

I'd been wanting to try the China Dragon across from the Mall. I looked them up on their website and went in prepared to order "Q". It gave me a good overall taste of their food with 3 tempura prawns, fried pork, almond chicken and egg drop soup. I was shocked when I opened it up and didn't find any rice! Really!? I just spent over $13 for lunch and they didn't include such a cheap thing to make.

I paid for my meal and went to sit down and wait. I kid you not, it was less than 2 minutes later that I was handed my to-go meal. That immediately told me it was not fresh and I almost asked for my money back. I wish I did.

The prawns were 2/3rds batter, the fried pork was way over fried and very hard - not edible, the almond chicken was no more than 1/4 breast pounded down and mostly batter. The saving grace was the egg drop soup which was full of vegetables and flavor.

They may have been a top Chinese restaurant at one time, but they are now overpriced and in need of a good makeover. Save your money - go elsewhere.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Mark-Helen C
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Went in for sweet and sour chicken, ordered egg rolls to get started and the sauce was like ketchup with a little hot mustard or something. Total turnoff and left. The menu looked way over priced, luckily I left and went to the red dragon WAY better, on the tummy and the wallet.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank 485aller
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

First time visiting this establishment. Very nice decor, large dining areas, lots of decorations to place you in a warm and pleasant atmosphere for eating. Food was incredibly good, very tasty and flavorful. Came straight out of the wok warm, ready to eat and was very eye appeasing. This is a great place to enjoy some wonderful and tasty Chinese food. Everything we all ate was so good and the portions are plentiful that we could not finish it all. You will take the time to savor and enjoy your meal. I will be coming back for more with the family soon. Thanks for a wonderful meal and experience.

Date of visit: October 2017

Been to China Dragon Restaurant? Share your experiences!