“Best breakfast in town”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Love to enjoy breakfast at Frank's Diner whenever we visit Spokane. Frank's Diner is an old rail car set in the downtown. The breakfast menu is outstanding (lunch and dinber also available), the service is generally OK and the food is exceptional!!! Try it and you'll be goung back again and again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,381)

Reviewed June 30, 2018

To be fair, I would rate between average and very good. Breakfast is my favorite meal, so it was great to be able to order breakfast for dinner. The train atmosphere and history of the restaurant is awesome. We did not wait as we went there for dinner. The service was really good and friendly. Everyone thanked us for coming. However, I found the food very average, yet I am easy to please for breakfast. I had the waffle and chicken. The waffle came cold, the chicken too salty. We order chicken tenders and fries for the kids, and it was ok. My husband had an omelette and he liked it. We could see tons of dirty dishes and rest from where we were seating , and the waiter kept adding dirty dishes on it, it just made me uncomfortable. But I would recommend it. To my liking the food has nothing special, so I am very curious to know how this restaurant is rated as one of the best restaurant in Spokane.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Speedy service, lots of menu choices, good food all in a vintage rail car. Fun experience, great atmosphere, awesome staff! Got to sit at the bar right in front of the chefs and they were amazing to watch in action!

A must when visiting Spokane!

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Loved this special location to eat in a' original train how cool is that.they serve great food and very friendly staff ! Worth visit if you're in Spokane

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

I'm giving this a excellent rating but I have to admit I'm probably a little prejudiced because I love old diners. This is a real old rail car converted into a diner. It was originally the private rail car for the president of the Great Northern Railroad latter when taken out of service it got converted to a diner and was located in Seattle. When they lost their land lease it got moved to Spokane. It has a long bar with those little swivel stools you can sit at. It also has booths at the rear for regular table service. All the food is prepared right across the counter just like in the old movies. For supper I got the meatloaf dinner and my wife got the burger. Both meals were great. Next morning at breakfast my wife got the eggs bacon hashbrown and biscuit meal and the waitress brought her free gravy for the biscuit. The biscuits are baked then put on the grill to toast and they are great. They have a Original Classic pancake mix they serve which I had to try. I got the blueberry pancakes along with some German sausage links on the side. At supper we sat in a booth but breakfast we sat at the counter for The Full Experience. Food and service were great. recommend anybody traveling through Spokane to make an effort to stop there. They advertise that their breakfast has been number one in Spokane for decades. Again I might be prejudiced in my review but it was good food.

Been to Frank's Diner? Share your experiences!