“Great and friendly atmosphere”
Review of Knight's Diner

Knight's Diner
Ranked #157 of 949 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

This place is a fresh breath of air. The atmosphere is great and so is the food. Pretty cool restaurant. The pancakes are really good.

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

This rail car diner is unique & fun! Seating is 24 stools at the bar. They made me a veggie omelet tho that’s not on the menu; much appreciated! Hash browns were delicious as were the burger, clam chowder, and coffee. We want to go back at a less busy time, if there is such a time!

Reviewed January 21, 2018

Wonderful staff, great food. I've had all the breakfast combos. All the meats are top quality. The pancakes are amazing. The hash browns with onions and gravy are always a must have!

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

I love diners. I love trains. And, I love a good breakfast. Who knew that I️’d score all three at Knight’s Diner?

The old railroad car that houses this counter-only eating experience was humming when my husband, aunt, and I got there around 10 a.m. on a Friday morning. We were promptly shown three vacant seats and given menus by a very busy yet friendly server. She took our drink orders, and I was happy to see my large, steaming mug of coffee arrive quickly. We looked over our menus and saw that breakfast and lunch were both available all day. We ended up ordering breakfast, and although the place was super busy, the food came quickly.

My cheese omelette with sautéed mushrooms and hash browns filled the large plate. The hash browns were crispy, and the omelette had a generous portion of cheese and mushrooms. I noticed that my dining companions’ plates were also full of good looking breakfast items.

It’s almost embarrassing to admit it, but I really hate it when my toast is under- or over-cooked. I hate limp, soggy bread, and I likewise can’t stand charred remains. The toast here was perfect— golden with a healthy buttery sheen. There was also a good selection of jams— strawberry, orange marmalade, blackberry, and apple butter. No grape? No problem. Rumor has it that huckleberry jam makes an appearance every now and then as well.

The food is good enough to make you forget to look up, but when you do, you see remnants of the rail car’s original glory in its polished wood, colored glass panels, and other exquisite details. If you go to the bathroom, notice the fixtures. They alone speak of the care taken with the renovation.

I left Knight’s Diner with a full stomach and happy mood. It’s nice when it all comes together.

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Great food, nice staff - Vicki works her heart out the whole time. Love the historic old railroad car ambiance. Hashbrowns are phenomenal!! Love to go here with family. Sometimes a wait but worth it

Been to Knight's Diner? Share your experiences!