“Looking for a new Mexican restaurant”
Review of La Plaza de Mexico

La Plaza de Mexico
Ranked #109 of 956 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 15, 2017

we were looking for a Mexican restaurant that was somewhat close to home.
they have a happy hour 2-6 PM with Mexican beers (several to choose from). They were 2 for $6 & house margaritas $4.99. I'm picky about the mix for the margaritas but they passed the test. They were delicious. so I had another. The menu had a large variety. My husband had his usual combination & was happy with his choice. I had sopitas which was something new for me but I would order again. We will definitely go back. I still want to try my regulars which would be the fish tacos & the chicken mole.
The staff was wonderful. I am learning Spanish & I tortured the guy with my Española. He was very nice about it & even told me I was doing pretty well. I think he was being gracious.

Reviewed August 5, 2016

I am assuming the waiters were owners, who were extremely nice and friendly. Food was very good. Ordered the same things that I order at our local Mexican restaurant. This was prepared a little different, but that was a good thing. It was tasty. Nacho's and salsa was refilled by wait staff 3 times. I recommend this place if you like Mexican food.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

I had the mushroom and shrimp meal and it was ample serving. It had a fantastic and unexpected flavor. I wish I had some more right now! My wife said she liked her chili rellenos and the taco were very good. The people were extra nice.

Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

This is by far my favorite Mexican restaurant. They have never disappointed me with their food, service or cleanliness. Though this little gem may lack a little in its atmosphere everything else makes up for it. I had never been to this restaurant under its previous ownership but the brothers who currently own it are doing a great job. Perhaps once they get a bit busier they could renovate to add a small cantina and give it that little atmosphere boost. If not, I'm still going.

Reviewed May 22, 2016

This is a very nice gringo Mex joint. I really liked the Señors that were running the operations today. Our plates were well prepared, and not presented 3-mins after we ordered them, telling me we have something fresh goin' on en la cocina. Stars of show were their sopes and taquitos: the sopes were prepared as we like them--with either high-heat griddle action or deep frying--and, the taquitos were tightly wrapped and filled with good, well-seasoned beef. Salsa de la Casa was a great compliment to everything. Service was friendly and attentive, and we were in want for nada during what I would say was our big Sunday din-din. All were/are satisfied and happy. Siesta, ahora para todo familia. I love Sundays...