“A Breathe of Fresh Air in a Quaint Small Town!”
Review of De La Terre

De La Terre
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Steilacoom
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Reviewed October 4, 2017

I was so very sad when Crème Brulee closed it's doors, I just knew there would never be another restaurant in Steilacoom that good... I've never been so happy to be wrong! The new owners took the quaint yet dated restaurant & turned it into a sparkling gem. The new atmosphere is sophisticated, warm, & romantic perfect for date nights or family gatherings. The food is ever changing and delectable! I haven't had anything here I wouldn't love to eat again. This restaurant is a rare find and if you get the chance to eat here do not pass it by!

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Nothing bad can be said about our first experience at De La Terre....from the perfection of the cocktails to the menu, everything tasted fantastic, fresh, and delicious. The service was exceptional and the vibe was quite down-to-earth yet sophisticated. I've been told menu changes frequently which is exciting because there will always be something new to try here. I hesitated writing this review out of fear that I won't be able to get reservations any time I want to go back!

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were in Dumont for a wedding the next day. We made reservations for four and later added four, but by email with no acknowledgment. We arrived on time, but they only had our originally reserved table for four. Without missing a beat, they pulled out two more small table from a back room, made them up and seated everyone without a negative comment or grimace. I am sure that was not what they were thinking. The menu was small, but I am sure changed daily. Everything was wonderful. Half the table got the pork tenderloin, and the all raved. I had white salmon, which I had never heard of, but it was perfect. I only had one complaint. For a starter, I got the oysters. They were very good, but they were small and I only got three. For $9.00 I did not think I would get six, but three was not enough. Small problem, everything else was excellent.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Absolutely wonderful and creative tasting food. The atmosphere is very romantic and a perfect dining place for a couple

Reviewed May 27, 2017

I was there last night with two girlfriends. We didn't realize that De La Terre is now accepting reservations, but no problem, we got to sit at the bar, (which i always love anyway). AND this way we got to watch Blake mix up and shake craft cocktails. This place is so fabulous! You know how sometimes when you go to a new restaurant you cannot wait to go back again and bring more people? ....that is how i felt. (Though this was my 3rd or 4th time visiting there but it had been awhile. I have loved it every time. )

I had the steamed mussels. They were amazing and when i asked for more bread to soak up the broth they obliged. One friend had the parsnip soup which i thought about but decided against because it was warm outside, but after tasting it I was sorry i had not ordered it too. The other friend loved her ling cod, which she also shared (Don't go to this restaurant with friends who don't let you eat off their plate!) and it too was fabulous. They both had craft cocktails and we shared a really nice bottle of Boomtown pinot gris for $30, which is a very decent markup for a restaurant.

I have to laugh at some of the folks here who talk about not getting enough food and yes, you are not likely to bring home a doggie bag because you want to keep eating it anyway, BUT It IS enough food, ( but not if you are an overeater like so many are). So please disregard those reviews. We also had great service even though it got busy and Blake even shared some of his drink making tips. I cannot wait to go back there!

Been to De La Terre? Share your experiences!