“Terrible!!”

Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Bellingham, Washington
“Terrible!!”
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We stayed here because we wanted to stay close to the Emeral Queen Casino. The pictures of the room are NOT what it really is. It was soooo deceiving. Check in time was 3pm and we got there at 4pm. Our room was not ready because a large group came to check in early instead of checking in late as planned. So we didn't get our room til 5:30. We asked if we could be comped and they said no. The room was dark and very out dated, the bed was like sleeping on springs, the walls were thin we could hear kids in the next room, our room was facing the freeway which we could hear clear as day, and the bathtub was not very clean. We asked if there was a better room available and the girl at the front desk said the rooms were all the same. Non available. The pool was dirty due to an abundant of kids being in there, being very loud and they dirtied up all the towels so we didn't have a towel after using hot tub. The hot tub spilled over when you turned the bubbles on- it spilled so much that it went over the floor and onto our clothes that we had near by which got all wet. Since the pool was open 24 hrs. we thought we would go back and see and if it was clean enough to swim. It was midnight and there were still kids unsupervised, running around. We will not be back to this hotel!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank jessiecam2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2011

I can't help but point out how nice the front desk staff is. They put us in a room we requested, the best they could, and we LOVED IT! The breakfast has LOTS to choose from and you can't go wrong with waffles.

I'll be back, especially to see Sandra and Amanda!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Chelsea and Sandra provided EXCELLENT costomer service! I would definately reccomend Shilo Inn to anybody. I strongly suggest that these two individuals recieve accolades for their outstanding customer service... possibly a raise. I have NEVER gotten such great service.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 58775Dublover
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 3 April 2011

I expected the Shilo to be a bit outdated and maybe not the most modern hotel in the Tacoma area but the convenience of its location and the fact that it had a nice swimming pool made it our first choice when traveling with our three young grandchildren this past weekend. When we made the reservation we listed the ages of our the children staying with us and again when we checked in. We arrived at 4:00 in the afternoon and spent about 30 minutes bringing our luggage in from the car. At 4:30 the phone in the room rang and the desk clerk said that she had a complaint from the guest staying in the room below us that we were too noisy. She said that it was a military member from McChord AFB and he was working shift work and had to sleep during the day. I appologized and said we would be extra careful to be quiet. I sat my grandchildren down on the bed and put a movie on our computer. About 20 minutes later she called again and said that we would have to move to a new room because we were too noisy. I was extremely upset because my grandchildren had not even been moving in the room. I had been walking around the room putting items away and this was the noise that was too disturbing at 4:30 in the afternoon. We were given a room across the hall to move to. If we would have been able to find another hotel at that time in the afternoon I would have left. We did stay, and we observed that the entire 2nd floor where we were located was filled with families with young children. Why they put a military member who needed to sleep during the day on the first floor I cannot imagine. Also, I wonder why the desk clerk gave out the information that it was a military personnel occupying the room below us. That is a definite breach of security (I also work for the Department of Defense and receive training on security issues such as this). I will never stay at a Shilo Inn again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank connie089
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 30 March 2011

The room was fair. Dirty. Pubic hair in the tub,The ice bucket lid was greasy and looked like some one had nuked a hamburger in it . We arrived late and the girl at the counter was not freindly. they closed the pool for the two nights we stayed,The wireless internet worked good when I stood on a chair and held it by the ceiling. on our second day maid service came to the door.I asked just to have the towels changed and garbage taken out. You would have thought Id asked for a million bucks. she said she didnt have any towels and would have to come back later I asked for another coffee for the maker and with a huff I did recieve that. never did see her again. Ive stayed at shilo inns before and have always been happy with the service. might have just been a fluke and I recieved an inferior room. either way for a few dollars more theres a hotel down a little farther you wont be disappointed. stayed there for two more days and they went out of there way to make our stay rewarding. Hats off to them. Shilo you blew this one.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Rawklion
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 January 2011

My family had to come to Tacoma for a funeral. Decided on Shilo due to location. Pretty good hotel with affordable rates. Liked the hot breakfast and large swimming pool. Really liked the bottled water available at checkin. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Softballdad12
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Fairly standard motel but is great value and conveniently located next to freeway. Rooms were clean and spacious. Gym is small but indoor pool is large. Good selection of breakfast items included in rate. Location next to freeway makes for lots of road noise all through the night so don't forget the ear plugs.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple