“What a find....”

Citron European Bistro
Ranked #25 of 762 Restaurants in Tacoma
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Just recently discovered the Citron Bistro and its fabulous French chef!! What a find. Reflecting on four visits, the food is consistently excellent and service has been great. The menu is not huge, but everything is fresh and delicious. We decided to celebrate my husband’s big birthday with a group of 10 friends. Great evening and everyone was impressed with quality of their choices. The Beef Bourguignon with spaetzle was a big hit, duck breast and the chicken cordon bleu. The Alsatian tart, like a very thin crust while pizza, is fantastic and it works as a shared appetizer of a meal. The French onion soup is light and brothy and the escargot just as they should be with lots of garlic butter!!! I value a good sauce and find this is the mark of a good chef…. and then there are the desserts!! So, highly recommend this to all the foodies out there!!

There are newer reviews for Citron European Bistro

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Food was amazing! Impeccable service. The menu is a mix of French and German food. A must try for sure. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

My friend and I were only going to stop for an appetizer...we couldn't help ourselves...the menu had numerous wonderful options. We ordered dinner. She had a vol au vent with a soup starter, and I had a roasted pork shoulder. It reminded us of some of othe French restaurants, from years past
Great sauces, great vegetable accompaniments. It was a wonderful surprise...we were too full to try the desserts. I will go there again.

1  Thank cynthia f
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Quaint, unassuming , bistro that is hidden off the busy streets. But it is totally worth your effort.

The sandwiches reminded me of Europe while my fish was cooked perfectly.

Couple that with good service and you have a perfect place for brunch or a fine dinner out.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

What a GREAT dining experience! I'd finally stopped in after reading good reviews and I wasn't disappointed. We had lunch, and were delighted to chat with the owner who greeted us warmly. The menu offers a good selection and there are daily specials as well. The atmosphere will transport you to a European cafe. My husband chose the weiner schnitzel and I had the cordon bleu; both portions were large enough for us to also enjoy a dinner serving later. The salad was fresh and the side dishes were outstanding as well. The prices were great too. We can hardly wait to come back.