“Great food - Incredible view”

Duke's Chowder House
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Chowder House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 801 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2017

Restaurant is on the water - incredible views. Wait staff was super nice. Great service. Food was great. We has chowders for appetizers. Clam and Lobster. Both were really good. Our meals were also really good. Food was served in a timely manner and hot. Definitely will come back on next trip to Tacoma. You can choose to sit outside or inside.

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Whenever we visit my daughter (who lives in Lakewood), we always make at least two trips to enjoy Duke's. After at least ten meals here, I've yet to be disappointed in any way. The food, service, ambiance and view are all top drawer. My only complaint is I don't live in the Tacoma Washington area so I could take advantage of Dukes on a weekly basis.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I love Duke's Chowder House! From the great salads, excellent seafood dishes, and really great burgers. But, boy oh boy, that CHOWDER is not to be missed, served with warm sourdough bread. I must admit, I always have my dessert first and they are tops in that area too! The view, the staff make any visit worthwhile. But, for goodness sake, enjoy the fantastic food, and take your time reading the extensive menu, that is why you will keep returning, you will want to try everything.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Meals are pricey, but we love just a big bowl of clam chowder with a side of fresh sourdough bread. The best clam chowder we have ever had.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

We ate our dinner on the deck overlooking the sound and the dinner was fantastic as were the views. How can you top Dungeoness crab stuffed Halibut and the clam chowder is different but delicious. This is not cheap but it was worth every penny.