“Great food and nice environment ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mitchell's Always Cook'n
Ranked #420 of 812 Restaurants in Tacoma
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

Been wanting to try Mitchell's for a few weeks and finally had the opportunity tonight. I had the baby back ribs...they were falling off the bone tender and so delicious! The wonderful smell of BBQ on the smoker fills the air as you enter. Prices are very reasonable and the owners are very friendly. Restaurant was able to offer selections to accommodate a food allergy without problem.

Note that "spices" are on everything unless you specify otherwise... kids weren't all that impressed with spicy mayo and spices on fries... even Mac n Cheese has a kick to it. But if you like real good BBQ and are in the Ruston area I highly recommend stopping in.

Reviewed June 24, 2017

We had breakfast at this modern and cozy restaurant and enjoyed food cooked by Mitchell, a friendly fellow who loves to cook. Everyone is informal and we were soon chatting with the owner (Mitchell) and two of his waitresses. When one of them learned my husband was diabetic she immediately took out her order pad and asked him what exactly would he like to have for breakfast that would be o.k., given his situation. She took notes.I was impressed by her attitude and concern that he have a pleasant dining experience and still keep control of his blood sugar level. Our friend ordered eggs benedict and said they were delicious. My husband and I ordered the Vashon Slam, which consisted of bacon, sausage, eggs and fresh fruit. Altogether, a wonderful meal and fun visit.

1  Thank VWriter