“Not so great!”

Indochine on Pearl
Ranked #276 of 840 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed November 9, 2017

One order was pretty good, the other, dreadful.
1. Drunken Noodles was very flavorful and the vegetables were very firm which was nice. I was however very disappointed because I asked for medium spice and there was none whatsoever.
2. Pad Thai with Chicken; I've had Pad Thai so many times and so many ways but this was terrible... it had a horrible flavor which I can't even describe... maybe lime and dishwater!? There were no limes served with it, hardly any peanuts and again, flavor yes, but awful.

Sorry, I really had to give bad reviews but I would not return.

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Since Tacoma restaurant scene is lacking of cultural diversity, quality and cultural sophistication and also just lately even famous Silk Thai Cafe on 6th Ave downgraded its cooking standards, Indochine on Perl doesn't really have any competition, therefore prices are so exaggerated for the reason....
For just mediocre flavorful Asian Fusion food, their prices are way over the top and and their service is too slow...

Reviewed February 17, 2017

We have never eaten at the restaurant, but have ordered take out on numerous occasions. They have a good selection and every order has been fresh and delicious.

Reviewed November 19, 2016

we ordered a couple of meals to go on a wednesday night.walnut chicken & almond chicken. Our expectations were very high with great reviews & high prices.Boy were we disappointed.portions were small,white rice was extra($14.95 and they don"t include rice!!).anybody with a steady hand at cooking could make this.It was basically just a stirfry.no tangy flavors or sauces.You would be so much better off going with silk thai,royal thai,north china garden or hong kong.This was a huge waste of $35.
Dont make the same mistake we did,lifes too short for lousy expensive,highly overrated food.

2  Thank John L
Reviewed November 13, 2016

Last night my wife and I took 4 very elderly ladies to Indochine on Pearl for a birthday celebration. It was my mother's 93rd birthday. Our other three guests were 92, 90, and 88 years old. We had 5:30 reservations for a party of six. We live 3 blocks away and it was my mother's choice of restaurants to celebrate her birthday. We were seated at 5:30. 45 minutes later we had ordered starters and drinks. The starters were not yet at the table and one of the elderly ladies did not have her drink after we had been there for 1:15 minutes. All drinks ordered were on the menu. I had to leave my seat to remind them that we were still missing a drink. The waitress came to take our order and a few minutes later the owner came to our table to confirm the orders. Apparently they only had 4 orders recorded. By the time the food arrived we had one very angry elderly lady and three others that had clearly been in the restaurant too long. The entire meal took over two hours to complete and not because we ate slowly. Several other tables came in after us and had left long before we did. They brought us the bill and a few minutes later the owner came back to "check because they think they did not include one of the drinks on the tab!" She returned with a second bill the apparently included the missed drink. There was never an apology for the long wait. The food was good but difficult to enjoy. Overall it was unfortunate that a 93rd birthday celebration turned into disappointment over the choice of restaurant. We will not be back and I would advise against any more than a party of four at this restaurant.

2  Thank dtm929

Been to Indochine on Pearl? Share your experiences!