“Incredible views”

Ranked #39 of 761 Restaurants in Tacoma
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Situated on Commencement Bay along a popular waterfront area in Tacoma, Katie Downs has views that can't be beat. It's a great place for a casual meal, particularly on a sunny summer day when the water is sparkling, boaters are out on the Bay and Mt Rainier is visible in the distance.

Order your food at the bar from a menu with relatively predictable choices for a tavern, then take a seat and soak in the views while you wait for your meal to be delivered. The outside deck fills up quickly during sunny weather, but with windows and doors open, the fresh air flows through the restaurant as well.

There are newer reviews for Katie Downs

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This is one of the few restaurant / Bar that does not rely on their spectacular view of Commencement Bay in Tacoma From home made pizza, towering burgers to a pound of steamers you can't go wrong with any selection. Check out the Happy hour 4 to 6 and another on slow nights 9 till closing.

Nom Nom

Reviewed 7 July 2017

We walked into Katie Downs and found it to be a bar and restaurant of wall to wall people. It was Happy Hour and plenty of folks here were taking advantage of the 50% price break on appetizers and the discounted bar drinks.

We were here for dinner, though, so we wanted to peruse the full menu. I ordered a cup of clam chowder (good but not excellent because there was a hint of corn starch that I didn't care for) and a prawn Caesar salad. My friends had a cobb salad and a hamburger and fries. My salad was fine, but, again, not exceptional. My friends said their food was very good.

The restaurant is situated on a dock stretching out into Commencement Bay and the views were beautiful from our table. Service was good and the mood of the other diners was full of cheer and informality. It was fun to spend the sunset there watching the seagulls and cormorants floating on the bay and to eat a good meal with friends.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I met up with some friends for drinks and some food on a Friday evening. I had never been to Katie Downs before and I enjoyed myself. The food was good and we got a great price on the happy hour appetizers. Service was good even though it was quite busy. I look forward to coming back and trying something off the main menu.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Best fish tacos I've ever eaten. The view couldn't have been better. Service was great. Can't wait to go back!

Been to Katie Downs? Share your experiences!