“LOCALS VIBE, GREAT FOOD”

Top of Tacoma Bar and Cafe
Ranked #15 of 770 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I finally made it! I have heard so many great things about this small little local place and I finally was able to make my own opinions. Great outdoor seating, but decided it was just to hot (imagine that in the NW!) but was able to find a table inside. Nothing special, but clean and inviting. I like the feel of this place, very laid back with a surprising menu of a lot more than "bar food". The drinks were well made, I had a long island and my friend had a strawberry lemon drop, which was delicious! I decided on the fish tacos and was really glad I did. They had great flavor and 3 was a perfect amount. My friend had a grilled turkey sandwich with a garlic aioli I believe and she raved about it! I am ready to go back and try something new!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

On Saturdays & Sundays, The Top does brunch from 11am-3pm. (There's always a line out front 15-20 minutes prior to opening.)

$3 Bloody Mary's & Mimosas

Daily specials plus an awesome regular menu with items like S.O.S., Classic bacon & eggs, breakfast burritos and "hash" with Chorizo or pork belly!

Pictured are the "Hangover Homies" (I added bacon & avocado) and the bar already full at 11:02am.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Went in on a recommendation. People immediately confirmed it inside- "food fantastic". And finding the back booth rocked our evening. Best craft cocktails, pasta special and the roast beef sandwich options were incredible with the flavors. Our vegan friend goes there weekly for the Mediterranean wrap. Don't miss this place. Get off the freeway in Tacoma!

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Always love this place. The food here is great! Sort of a high end take on normal bar food. Always busy, noisy, active, just the way this type of place should be. You can order anything here and it will be top notch!!! Enjoy!

Reviewed 14 May 2017

The crispy pork belly tacos are fantastic. Great flavors served on corn or flour tortillas. Menu is very large with a great variety. It can be very crowded but worth any wait. It's loud but a fun place. It's a local hang out with micro brews and a full bar. The prices are average but with the portion sizes it makes for a great value.