“Stanley & Seafort's”

Stanley & Seafort's Steak Chop & Fishhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanley & Seafort's Steak Chop & Fishhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 760 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Good for: View, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pacific Avenue
Transit: Pacific Avenue & 34th Street East
Description: Stanley & Seafort's is a Tacoma landmark restaurant with panoramic views overlooking downtown Tacoma and Commencement Bay harbor. Enjoy a daily lunch, dinner or perhaps a special business or romantic occasion in our warm, inviting and spacious dining room. At Stanley & Seafort's, we serve quality American comfort food including USDA-aged prime rib, flavorful Chicken Dijon and fresh and innovative seafood dishes. Originally from Tacoma, our Chef Bo Newcomer has been cooking local and seasonal American fare for more than 15 years. We also serve the best Happy Hour in town with $4.00 drink specials and appetizers like Dungeness Crab Dip, Buffalo Style Chicken wings or the Stanley & Seafort's Tasting Sampler Come experience why we were voted Most Romantic Date spot for 2011 by Komo News Community. Join our longtime friends and frequent visitors who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as our guests.
Seattle
“Stanley & Seafort's”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Fun restaurant - reminds me of great steakhouse from the 50s and 60s. Great food. Kind of a special occasion place. The wait staff taker very good care of you - treat you special. Great view of downtown Tacoma and the working waterfront.

• Korean first
replay49
“The quality isn't what it used to be”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

One of our favorite restaurants is Simon and Seafort's in Anchorage, a sister property to Stanley & Seafort's. Since moving from Alaska, we've made visits to Stanley & Seafort's and have been pleased. This time, however, not so much for a couple of reasons.

First, while the service was prompt and friendly, the staff insisted in interrupting us when they came to the table. We would be in the middle of a conversation and the staff person would interrupt without waiting for us to acknowlege their presence. It's a simple, courteous manner to wait until we stopped talking to inquire how we liked our meal, or did we want another glass of wine. Not only were we interrupted by our waitress, but by the other wait staff and even whom I assume to be the manager. It's as if their time is more important than ours. Not what we expect from a restaurant of this caliber. And it wasn't just us. We noted other diners were treated the same way.

The second reason we were disappointed had to do with our meals. To start, we split a salad. While the lettuce was crisp, it was bitter. Granted, it's not the peak season for lettuce, but it was a $9 starter salad.

My wife ordered the cedar planked Alaska salmon which was billed as fresh. This time of year, about the only fresh Alaska salmon available is troll caught king, and when the dish arrived it was clear this was not king salmon. We asked what kind it was and after the wait staff checked with the kitchen, were told that they weren't exactly sure what type of salmon it was and that it was erroneously listed as fresh when it had been frozen. We were assured, however that it was wild Alaska salmon. My wife enjoyed it, but we felt misled.

I had the prime rib, and while it was a nice piece of quality beef, the herb rub overwhelmed the taste of the meat.

Bottom line, we were disappointed with our experience, especially when the tab was almost $130 before tip.

• Visited March 2012
Universtiy Place, WA
“Love this place”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Great views over the City and wonderful food and drinks. Happy hour is fabulous ... check out Stanleys for a casual trip to the nice bar or a fancy special dinner out.

Visited March 2012
Gresham, Oregon
“Great Service and excellent cooks”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

When I travel I always check trip advisor to see what the reviews are for the area. I always read the bad ones, because those are going to be the worse the place can possible be. After many years of doing this I can weed out the crybabies and the real issues. When I read the reviews of Stanley & Seafort’s I was a little concerned, so we only made plans to go for happy hour. We had reservations at another restaurant for dinner, but we were enjoying the food, drinks and view so much we decided to stay at Stanley’s instead. Tanya was our waitress and she was more than happy to let us stay and eat in the bar and enjoy our window seat and view.

When I told Tanya about my allergies she was AMAZING!!! The first two things I ordered had tomatoes hidden in them, and when Tanya came back to tell me my second request was a no go, she told me that the executive chef, sous chef and her had a pow wow and went through the menu and came up with safe things, and ways to alter a few if I chose them. Wow, how impressive is that? I ended up with one of their March specials a Surf and Turf - a small filet mignon, salmon, garlic shrimp, mashed potatoes and a crab succotash that was to die for. I was so stuffed I actually had to leave food behind. So Sad.
See my whole review here: http://theallergicrestaurantfoodie.blogspot.com/2012/03/stanley-seafords-tacoma-washington.html

• Visited March 2012
Tacoma, Washington
“Long time good house with fabulous views.”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have never had a bad meal here and the staff has always been above reproach. What appals me is the slobs that come here for dinner, dirty jeans and T-shirts, baseball hats and just plain slovenliness. Do these people ever take a bath or look in the mirror?

1 Thank edrasa1