Stanley & Seafort's Steak Chop & Fishhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanley & Seafort's Steak Chop & Fishhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 840 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pacific Avenue
Transit: Pacific Avenue & 34th Street East
Description: Stanley & Seafort's is a Tacoma landmark restaurant with panoramic views overlooking downtown Tacoma and Commencement Bay harbor. Enjoy a dinner, weekend brunch or perhaps a special business or romantic occasion in our warm, inviting and spacious dining room. At Stanley & Seafort's, we serve quality American comfort food including USDA-aged prime rib, American Wagyu sirloin, flavorful Chicken Dijon and fresh and innovative seafood dishes. Originally from Tacoma, our Chef Tony Radelich has been cooking local and seasonal American fare for more than 15 years. We also serve the best Happy Hour in town with $5.95 drink specials and appetizers like Dungeness Crab Dip, Fried Brussels Sprouts or the Stanley & Seafort's Tasting Sampler, plus Sunday's are All Day Happy Hour! Come experience why we were voted Most Romantic Date spot for 2011 by Komo News Community. Join our longtime friends and frequent visitors who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as our guests.
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here tonight. The food was great. Classic Pacific Northwest fish and steaks. But the service is what puts this place over the top and makes it worth every penny.
We had the artichoke crab dip and clam chowder for starters. It was delicious. The crab dip was stuffed with a lot of crab meat. The clam chowder was tasty and also didn’t skimp on the seafood.
Both dinners were great. We also had dessert and beer and wine with dinner. Paid $146 for everything.
This is not an inexpensive place. But let me tell you the service is impeccable. Our server was Mike. He was gracious and professional. Some of the best service I’ve had.
The view is great. Get a seat next to the window if you can.
My only complaint would be the restrooms. While the restaurant is very “old school” steakhouse decor (which is just what I want from this type of restaurant), the restrooms are badly in need of some updating and attention. I felt that they hadn’t been looked at for the better part of the day, there was wallpaper peeling and the stalls we pretty grungy.

Scott D, General Manager at Stanley & Seafort's Steak Chop & Fishhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Thank you so much for visiting us and we are glad your experience was great. I will follow up with my Team on your observations with our restrooms and appreciate the feedback. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Scott Diaz, General Manager

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Visited for a business dinner, had a window seat overlooking the harbor. Fun, old-school atmosphere of a great steakhouse. We ordered salmon, seafood pasta and a burger and devoured every bite. Delicious with an attentive wait staff. Only small issue was the tiramisu was a bit too sugary. Great time though and would definitely take people back!

Thank you for joining us and we are so happy you had a wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Scott Diaz, General Manager

Reviewed October 17, 2017

Pros:
*view is fantastic
*wait staff is also fantastic

Cons:
*all but 2 of the handcapped parking spaces are across a somewhat busy street and there is no clearly marked crosswalk. I did not feel safe crossing the street
*our steaks were cooked to our specifications but mine had a large chunk of gristle
*potatoes au gratin were dried out and much too chewy
*apple pear cobbler had some fruit that was still raw (crunchy) and I could not find any cobbler topping under the ice cream
*the bar did not have a full size martini glass so I got a "baby" size martini glass with the remainder of my drink in a small bar glass
*our waiter kept coming back and apologizing that our drinks were not ready. He said everyone must have put in their drink orders at the same time????

All in all, our local Black Angus has better/more consistent food and the price is cheaper.

Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Stanley & Seafort's Steak Chop & Fishhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to compose this review. We value you as our guest and would like an opportunity to grow from your experience. With regard to cross walks, I intend on working with the city to see what it will take to have striped and lights installed. As for the food and beverage, our entire management team will discuss steps we will take to develop our staff and avoid challenges like this in the future. Please feel free to contact me direct at the restaurant so that we can discuss any future dining experiences you may have and how we can better accommodate you.

Warmest Regards,

Justin Doll

Reviewed October 16, 2017

The other night my wife and I and another couple went to dinner at Stanley & Seafort's restaurant and it was great. The food was top-notch and the service was excellent. Our waitress was so polite and checked on us regularly asking if we needed anything while she kept filling our water glasses. We got a window seat and from there you can see the Tacoma Dome and the rest of the waterfront since it is up on the hill above Interstate 5. The atmosphere is charming and they even have Valet parking. I highly recommend this place. I definitely will visit them again. Oh, bring your checkbook...dinner for my wife and I with 2 drinks each ran us $130, but well worth it.

1  Thank Todd M

Thank you, so very much, for the kind words and observations with regard to your visit. Our of industry leaders strive everyday to provide a "world class" dining experience for our guests. Please do come back anytime and ask for me, Scott Diaz. I would love to meet you in person and personally thank you for being our guest.

Warmest Regards,

Scott

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Stanley's was recommended by a local as a once a year. We enjoyed the service, window side table and classic atmosphere. Yes he ordered the lobster and top shelf drinks which blew the budget. I did get the complmentry birthday pie.

Scott D, General Manager at Stanley & Seafort's Steak Chop & Fishhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2017

Thank you for joining us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Sincerely, Scott Diaz, General Manager