“Enjoyable Brunch”
Review of Lobster Shop

Lobster Shop
Reserve with OpenTable
Lobster Shop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 762 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Enjoyed a brunch there this weekend. There was a great assortment of dishes with salmon done as lox, smoked, and with sauce. Many kinds of shrimp, although somewhat rubbery. The cracked crab was fairly tasteless as it usually is this time of year.. Very good blintzes and some French toast went well with crisp bacon and sausage. Had a eggs Benedict with smoked salmon that was ordered separately. This was quite tasty. There were a good assortment of desserts - many of which were chocolate. Omelettes, beef, and waffles were available, but not tried. The view on a sunny day is incredible. Service was excellent with coffees and juices topped off frequently.

There are newer reviews for Lobster Shop

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The Lobster Shop South is an excellent spot for a romantic dinner or a celebratory feast, as so many of the other reviewers (such as "mellen2000us") have noted. I will have no trouble visiting the restaurant again. But, in my opinion, the food itself is not quite up to the very high standard one expects at such a prestigious venue.

Let's look at the restaurant itself. The location, just west of downtown on Ruston Way, is easy to get to and they have lots of parking. The building is modern, handsome and capacious, and I particularly liked the giant aquarium with exotic fish paddling around. The biggest attraction for the restaurant is the huge deck over the water, looking roughly northward towards Seattle. The busy Tacoma harbor is always entertaining, and watching the seals, birds, planes and boats is a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon or an evening. This is "big sky" country, and we were thrilled to watch the Space Station zoom overhead, crossing west-to-east, from the Olympics Mountains until it ducked behind Mt. Rainier.

Unhappily, the food does not quite live up to the great ambiance. Our party of four certainly enjoyed our dinners; no doubt about that. But the food is basically average, maybe above average, but not exceptional. My halibut was a bit over-cooked and therefore a little dry. The seared ahi tuna simply lacked any particular flavor or excitement. My buddy ordered the salmon and it was "nice." The best part of the dinner was when the crab cakes arrived; we absolutely enjoyed them — they were terrific.

Dinner for four, with adult beverages and tip, was just over $230, which I think it a tiny bit high for meals without lots of flavor.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We expected a more kitchy chowder house and found a lovely & elegant (for the surrounding area) dining spot on the water. Perfectly cooked fresh halibut in a dreamy lemon cream sauce. The only "odd" thing was that they put it on top of the garlic mashed potatoes? Anyway, from cocktails thru dessert it was an evening to remember. Not to mention we had the Silver Cloud shuttle to taxi us back to our room.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We were here for our Anniversary and as usual had a wonderful evening. Starting with our cocktail at the bar with exceptionally talented bartenders and the lovely meal. First let me compliment our waitress Honor she was knowledgeable, capable and a pleasure.
Our meals were spot on as usual,from the calamari steak strips to fish and chips and the halibut Oscar with brown butter mashed potatoes and lobster claws through dessert. Wonderful atmosphere and views.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to the Lobster Shop and my husband and I came here for a lunch date. We started with the Lobster Dip, calamari, and shrimp with their signature cocktail. The coco margarita was delicious and strong. For our entrees, my husband ordered the 3 piece halibut and I had the lobster bisque and salad. It was amazing. We ended with desert and drinks. Everything was amazing, we ate on the patio and had a wonder time. Pros: location, food, and ambience. Cons: its kind of pricey but worth it. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Been to Lobster Shop? Share your experiences!