“Outdoor dinner!”
Review of Lobster Shop

Lobster Shop
Reserve with OpenTable
Lobster Shop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 774 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 12 January 2018

I'm giving the restaurant a combined 5 stars based on two things: the food and the outdoor view of the water. Had I been sitting indoors i probably would not have given it the full five stars because the interior was a little bland and old looking, could use a facelift. However, the food was delicious, most remarkable for me were the green curry mussels, I had never tried green curry, and also the lemon pudding cake. But the real wining ticket is being able ot enjoy your meal outdoors with the nice view and breeze.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We joined three other couples to toast an amazing woman whose life we had just celebrated. It was Sunday at 5:30, so we expected that it wouldn't be too crowded. But the bar was full, so we took a table for eight in the dining room.
The room is beautifully set up, and although it was too dark to enjoy the 180 degree view of Commencement Bay, we savored the plush chairs and the muted atmosphere, where you could actually have a conversation. Our server was a pro, plain and simple. She took care of our every need and recalculated the check when it was necessary, all without a whimper or a whine.
Faithful companion and I hadn't been to the Lobster Shop in at least five years. Most of us took advantage of the Early Bird special, a two- or three-course meal at a very reasonable price. The first surprise was the surcharges. If you ordered salmon or steak, your bill was bumped $3 or $4. I just don't like this. Either you have a one-price Early Bird Special, or you don't. The second surprise was my drink. I ordered a premium whiskey and received barely one finger for $11. I don't object to being charged a premium rate for premium whiskey, but at least fill my glass!
When it came time to order dinner, II chose the salmon. The sauce was bland, the broccoli overdone. The saving grace was the flourless chocolate cake, which was superb.
If you are looking for the best Early Bird Special on the Waterfront, go to Harbor Lights. The food is better, and you get twice the amount of whiskey for a little more than half the price.

1  Thank Seattle_Hiker
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We wanted to provide a premier dining experience as a thank-you to my brother and his wife. I went online to the waterfront restaurants and reviewed their selections. The "Twilight" Menu at The Lobster Shop caught my eye. Good value. Many choices. I knew it would still be daylight so we could enjoy the waterfront vista. All four of us selected the "Three Item" Menu which included a Starter, Entree, and Dessert. My dinner was Wild Salmon with Rice Pilaf and Broccolini. The salmon was cooked perfectly. I ordered the Lobster Bisque and had them top it off with a drizzle of sherry. Creamy and smooth with a subtle lobster taste. My dessert was the Creme Brulee. Soft, creamy custard with a crisp sugary crust. All four of us loved our meals. My husband had the Shrimp Louie. The others ordered the Prawns. We all enjoyed the holiday decorations. Service was attentive. My husband and I waited in the bar area and enjoyed a "Happy Hour" Champagne Cocktail before our dinner to celebrate the end of 2017 and the New Year Ahead. Highly recommended for special occasions.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We went into the Lobster Shop and were immediately greeted with a smile and ushered to a table with a great view! The food was cooked perfectly and served hot! This is a nice romantic restaurant right on the great Puget Sound!

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

We love this restaurant. The food is excellent; creative without being weird, well prepared, and beautifully presented. Yes, it’s a bit expensive but not ridiculously so. The crab cakes are simply outstanding. They are made without any filler and you can really taste it. Service is friendly and professional, the ambience is lovely, the booths are comfortable, and who could argue with the gorgeous view of Commencement Bay?

Been to Lobster Shop? Share your experiences!