“Cant Believe this is a CHOICE HOTEL”

Travelodge Tacoma Near McChord AFB
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed 13 December 2012

My daughter and i rented this room because of location and on the web it looked nice, but once we were there, the outdoor pool was drained, which i guess is understandable in the winter, and the room was horrible, it was dirty, the bathroom was so small you had to be almost in the tub to shut the door and the cracks in the tub were horrible, the paint was an ugly yellow, the TV was very old and then when we went to check out the Clerk tried to charge us double what we agreed to pay.. we had to make them pull out our sheet we signed at check in to show here we were not paying more. will go to the Comfort Inn next time, even if it is more expensive, this was horrible..Stacy

Room Tip: There is several hotels all around this one, this is not the one to pick.. no way
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacy K

Reviewed 27 August 2012

While it is a 1-star (Priceline), the Rodeway Inn on Hosmer in Tacoma, WA ought to have zero stars. The room was dirty and shabby and the clientele I saw would fit in well with drug dealers and prostitutes. I left after 10 minutes. Another room wouldn't have made me feel more comfortable at that point. The ~$50 I paid was too much. Any money would be too much. I slept in my car on the side of the road instead. Got home at 6 a.m. Obviously this hotel doesn't think much of its customers as it doesn't provide a welcoming, tidy place for them. Most folks clean up for guests to make them feel comfortable and to welcome them. It's like the house hugs them. Hotels are like that too. Not this one. I will tell everyone I can not to stay at Rodeway, and I won't consider Rodeway, in any city, after seeing this one.

Room Tip: Pick any other hotel and you'll be happier.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank W N
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This place is dirty, smells bad and has bugs! Sitting on the bed, and a spider dropped from the ceiling and onto my leg. Sat on the bed for a few minutes and started itching. We left. We were promised a refund. If it doesn't go through, you can be sure we'll be calling the credit card company to fight that charge!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank MfromAk
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I didn't actually expect much from this low budget hotel but it was pretty bad. We chose it for the location near the highway and knew it wouldn't be anything special. Poorly maintained room, damaged bedding, empty nasty pool and general decline are all this place has to offer.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank rbgrcatraveler
Reviewed 18 May 2012

normally i wouldnt say negative things ....... but this hotel is absolutely the worst ive came across !
about the only positive i have is the cost ......and for the product ....it was still priced to high !
The staff are rude , especially the people in charge , ive stayed 2 times , the last time the manager bangs on the door an hour and a half before check out .....claiming we had to leave , angered ... i told him go check his desk ...... i paid for 2 nights !! he yells at me he is calling the police ..... ohhhhh myyyyyyy goodness !! i closed the door told him go call .....
the building is in very poor shape ..... units arnt clean ...horrible experience , in every way !!
dont go ..... these people have NO clue in hospitality running a business and even common courtesy !!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ron S
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I was concerned when I found the window open and unsecured. Dim lite made it hard to see what I was getting into. When all the lites were on, there were bugs and debris behind the door, on the floor (which was sticky), hair in the sink, urine on the floor and around the toilet. Bathtub backed up and the lights would turn on and off on their own. Notified the clerk, sorry was the answer, but that was all. Only stayed in one worse hotel in my life, and I have traveled all over the world!

Room Tip: Any place but here.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank BCarefulCorvallis_OR
Reviewed 27 September 2011

At first I thought the hotel might have changed since these reviews were written, but I was wrong. The hotel attempts to cover up their problems by painting the walls blue and redoing their sign, but nothing changes. I keep discovering bugs in my room and the blankets have holes in them. The room is very stuffy and has a strange smell. The floors are sticky and you can hear everything going on around you. Some of the staff are nice, however the manager has no clue how to handle problems and is very rude. I tried to present an issue I was having with them double charging me at the same time because they forgot to the first time, putting me over my credit card limit. And told me too bad to my face and shut the window on me. I would definitely only recommend staying here to have dirty sex or do drugs or too cheap. Especially when there are so many hotels around, what was I thinking? PS, the bed has been causing me to break out and is filthy

Room Tip: None, spend more money on a room some where else
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business