“Good Dining on Tacoma's Foss Waterway”

The Fish Peddler on Foss Waterway
Ranked #17 of 762 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: A waterfront seafood market & bistro.
Description: A waterfront seafood market & bistro.
Reviewed 6 July 2017

This beautiful area of Commencement Bay is the perfect site for a seafood restaurant. We sat outside, as did everyone else on this lovely day, and enjoyed a good dinner. My friends had halibut fish and chips, fish tacos, and coconut prawns. I had grilled halibut that was cooked just right and served with plenty of fresh lemon wedges. The menu was varied and interesting, focusing on seafood. We were there for a couple of hours and no one rushed us off. This is a fairly new restaurant and already it is attracting many customers. I will return.

1  Thank VWriter
There are newer reviews for The Fish Peddler on Foss Waterway

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Our server was GREAT! But the food was so disappointing. Way overpriced for the quality and we stoped in for lunch. I had a lobster roll. The lobster seemed caned since it apeared to be finely shredded, no chuncks of lobster and the roll was borderline burned. The crab cakes appeared to have the same problem. Shreded crab and no tasty chuncks. I would guess that they are frozen. Unfortunately I would never recommend this place. It was soooooo bad in comparison to eating at other locations we visited during our Seattle vacation. I have had much better seafood at home in Illinois.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Wow!! Stopped in here for lunch when we found both Thea Foss Waterway fuel docks stacked up 3 deep. What a great surprise!! The food was fantastic....probably the best Philly Cheese Steak sandwich I've ever had and excellent fish taco's as well. The waitress was prompt, polite and attentive, and it was just a short walk up from the dock, where there was plenty of room for boats, big and small. We will definitely return for happy hour and drinks some warm summer afternoon.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Referred here by staff at our hotel. Just what we were looking for on a Sunday bday afternoon. Right on the water (we ate outside) full bar, fresh fish... those were our goal and we weren't disappointed. The fresh halibut was divine- good sized piece of fish, cooked perfectly. We had a cup of the clam chowder, really good (Boston style, white chowder made with razor clams... never had it made with razor clams, but it was really good!) we also tried the lobster roll sandwich & were not disappointed. We would eat there again, and order the same food again. Wait staff was awesome.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went here before attending a show at EQC and were amazed. I had the seared steelhead and was in heaven. We came back a few weeks later with the whole family and were once again impressed at the quality and flavor of the food. It's a little small but I imagine that once the deck opens up, it will be a little easier to get a table.