“Great outside patio”

The Fish Peddler on Foss Waterway
Ranked #17 of 762 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: A waterfront seafood market & bistro.
Description: A waterfront seafood market & bistro.
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This is a delightful place to walk to down by the waterfront. The menu is attractive with both fresh fish and high quality beef entries. There is a good wine and beer selection. Fun place to sit and talk.

There are newer reviews for The Fish Peddler on Foss Waterway

Reviewed 23 July 2017

At first I wasn't going to spend one more moment dealing with anything relating to Fish Peddler after yesterdays dinner experience, but then I knew I should warn others. I will not waist your time with the long story of a ruined summer evening. Neglectful service, 1.5 hour wait for food, and cold dinner hit just a few of the low lights. Peddler was once a nice little restaurant now ruined by their own success. Far too many restaurants on Tacoma's incredible waterfront to ever invest over two hours (waiting for a table and lost meal order) at the Peddler.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My original review of this establishment was written three years
Ago. I felt it due time to take another look. The Peddler has flourished during the time and has become one of the best, and most popular, restaurants on the Tacoma waterfront. A casual, friendly atmosphere, with great views of the Foss waterway
And Mount Rainier, leads to an enjoyable dining experience.
While seafood is their specialty, the menu offers enough
Diversity to satisfy most interests. My Favorites include killer
Fish & chips, a great shrimp & crab Louie, Wagu burger and
Excellent chicken piccata. Finally, they offer the best Dungy
Clam chowder in Tacoma!

1  Thank CAD99
Reviewed 6 July 2017

This beautiful area of Commencement Bay is the perfect site for a seafood restaurant. We sat outside, as did everyone else on this lovely day, and enjoyed a good dinner. My friends had halibut fish and chips, fish tacos, and coconut prawns. I had grilled halibut that was cooked just right and served with plenty of fresh lemon wedges. The menu was varied and interesting, focusing on seafood. We were there for a couple of hours and no one rushed us off. This is a fairly new restaurant and already it is attracting many customers. I will return.

1  Thank VWriter
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Our server was GREAT! But the food was so disappointing. Way overpriced for the quality and we stoped in for lunch. I had a lobster roll. The lobster seemed caned since it apeared to be finely shredded, no chuncks of lobster and the roll was borderline burned. The crab cakes appeared to have the same problem. Shreded crab and no tasty chuncks. I would guess that they are frozen. Unfortunately I would never recommend this place. It was soooooo bad in comparison to eating at other locations we visited during our Seattle vacation. I have had much better seafood at home in Illinois.