“Great”

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Gresham, Oregon
“Great”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was a great Hotel they had a great breakfast ,the rooms were clean close to everything and they have a fence around the hotel that is locked at night. I have stayed at at other Hotels in this area and this is the nicest by far. Hotel staff was great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Location is not great but not bad either ...just nothing to write home about. Rooms are brand new and lovely. Ask for the large suites if you are Hilton Gold when you check in. Huge, lovely rooms! Staff was great!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank sunwineandpasta
Yameekia S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tacoma-Mall, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete trip advisor’s review regarding our hotel, Hampton Inn and Suites Tacoma Mall. We welcome your feedback and are excited to hear you enjoyed your stay. When your travel needs bring you back to Tacoma we hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Yameekia Saxton
Front Office Manager
253-539-2288
West US
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is a well-managed Hampton Inn property. The front desk staff is very welcoming. The lobby area is open and warm. I received a room upgrade without asking when I checked in and the corner room was spacious, clean, and the furnishings were contemporary. It was very easy to get work done in my room as the desk and lighting were perfect.

I like the fact that, in the evening in the lobby, there's a pitcher of milk to go along with the free cookies. It's a little touch of home. The property is within easy access of I-5 and there are chain restaurants and some big box stores near-by, though I didn't discover them until the morning since I had arrived at the hotel very late at night. And therein lies the only reservation I have about the hotel's location. The parking lot was well-lit, but I did feel just a tad uncomfortable walking from the back end of the lot to the front entrance of the hotel in the late evening. However, I will say that I lived in Tacoma many years ago and I felt this way about most of the city even back then. Nonetheless, Tacoma is a great town with many unique places to visit including the Musuem of Glass downtown and the waterfront. And, when you do come to Tacoma, and particularly if you're a Hilton HHonors member, I would heartily encourage you to stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you taking the time to write in regarding your recent stay at Hampton Inn and Suites, Tacoma. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we are doing. Our goal is to ensure 100% guest satisfaction 100% of the time.

Yameekia Saxton
Front Office Manager
253-539-2288
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I want to say I love the staff at this little hotel. The very pleasant receptionist, the great maintenance staff... and I love the rooms. Light, airy, comfortable. It is the only Hilton Property in Tacoma, which says more about Tacoma than Hilton. ;-) Hampton is supposed to be the lowest rung on the Hilton Ladder, but my room here is better than my recent stays at Doubletree or Hilton. The exercise Center is good, the business center is free. What's not to love?

Room Tip: I would pay a couple dollars more for the King Suite, or ask for an upgrade...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I stayed at this great hotel during my trip to Seattle. It was a great stay, good staff an the rooms were nice an quite an very clean. I had a good night sleep an was rested the next day to continue the drive up to our destination. I will definitely come back when I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Helena, Montana
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Outstanding hotel with a nice fitness center. Great breakfast variety. Also near grocery stores andante good restaurants.

• Stayed November 2011
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The cleanest, best place to stay in Tacoma. Easy access to I-5. Numerous restaurants nearby. Good security for vehicles. Staff is very helpful with restaurant suggestions and other local advice. I have stayed here 3 times now, and it is consistently excellent.

The only thing that could be better is the breakfast food, in particular the oatmeal (runny), scrambled "eggs" (more like curds). But the fresh fruit was great, and there was a nice assortment of muffins, bagels, and other choices. Not a reason to not stay here. Coffee is excellent and always available. Great free cookies at night.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family