“Great stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tacoma-Mall
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This is a wonderful hotel! VERY clean (and I'm kind of a hotel snob) and comfortable. The area around the hotel is...interesting...but the hotel property is gated so I felt quite safe. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the breakfast was varied and changed daily (fresh waffles could be made every morning), the beds were quite comfy and I didn't have any problem with noise. The wifi worked great which made the working easy too. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel has moved the whole Hampton chain way up my list of places to consider when I travel.

Nice-looking place. Free coffee and cookies after a long drive, yay. Parking lot fenced at night, good. Spacious room with good bed and excellent bathroom. Entire room spotless, the kind of clean that you actually notice, that makes you look to see if they missed even one place (they didn't). Breakfast satisfactory.

But the rave review is for Ms. Saxton, the manager, who was there as we checked in. I asked about some concerns I had that the deal we booked wasn't as good a deal as it had appeared. She said she was going to make sure we were satisfied, checked our deal, agreed that it wasn't necessarily better than another option, then checked the current price and gave as a price better than either of the deals we had been considering.

Most of all, she did it in a way that was obviously going to make the desk clerk a better hospitality professional down the road. Ms. Saxton, if you want to travel, I will be glad to tell Hampton to put you on the road as a customer service trainer. Or move you to head office to train the trainers.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kawaguy
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed on night at this hotel on March 22 for business. I arrived well ahead of check-in time and found the parking lot full of cars. The front desk person was polite, and very helpful, but was unable to get me an early check-in. She DID do all of the paperwork, and when I returned after my meetings, I simply showed my ID to her replacement who simply gave me my keys and bid me a "enjoy your stay".

The hotel is located near several strip malls, the Tacoma mall, and other businesses. A police officer I spoke with advised that I should avoid the nightclubs neaer the hotel as they are frequented by gang members, and usually there are incidents of violence in & around them. He also advised that the hotel is pretty nice, and that the staff there appear to do a lot to ensure their customer's safety and comfort.

The hotel parking lot is fenced (guessing this adds to security). The lobby was very clean and nicely appointed. The upkeep and maintenance of the property is exactly what I've come to expect from the folks at Hampton Inn.

As an added security measure, you'll need your key card to activate the elevator, and I liked that. The elevator was clean and the hallways on my floor were very-well taken care of.

My room was your typical Hampton Inn room, ergo, GREAT! Nicely furnished with very comfortable bed, lots of pillows, desk (with lamp), flat screen television, iron & ironing board... the works!

The bathroom was very clean as well. My only complaint about the entire stay was that housekeeping had failed to clean the old coffee grounds out of the coffee maker.

This stay was connected with a last-minute, rushed business trip. Of course, in my haste to leave the house, I forgot my toothpaste, and the front-desk supplied me with a complimentary tube, and a bottle of water.

If you have to stay in the Tacoma area, this isn't a bad choice. I'd stay there again if business took me there.

Room Tip: I can't remember my room number, but my room was a handicap-access room. Wider doors, walkways...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel 1-24 Marchm 2012. Wasn't sure I would like it, my company booked the room. Because of the number of nights I'd be staying, the staff upgraded me to a large suite. Room was very clean and housekeeping kept it that way. Breakfast was a little "run of the mill", nothing speical, but the staff and everything else more then made for for that.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was a great Hotel they had a great breakfast ,the rooms were clean close to everything and they have a fence around the hotel that is locked at night. I have stayed at at other Hotels in this area and this is the nicest by far. Hotel staff was great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Location is not great but not bad either ...just nothing to write home about. Rooms are brand new and lovely. Ask for the large suites if you are Hilton Gold when you check in. Huge, lovely rooms! Staff was great!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank sunwineandpasta
Yameekia S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tacoma-Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete trip advisor’s review regarding our hotel, Hampton Inn and Suites Tacoma Mall. We welcome your feedback and are excited to hear you enjoyed your stay. When your travel needs bring you back to Tacoma we hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Yameekia Saxton
Front Office Manager
253-539-2288

Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is a well-managed Hampton Inn property. The front desk staff is very welcoming. The lobby area is open and warm. I received a room upgrade without asking when I checked in and the corner room was spacious, clean, and the furnishings were contemporary. It was very easy to get work done in my room as the desk and lighting were perfect.

I like the fact that, in the evening in the lobby, there's a pitcher of milk to go along with the free cookies. It's a little touch of home. The property is within easy access of I-5 and there are chain restaurants and some big box stores near-by, though I didn't discover them until the morning since I had arrived at the hotel very late at night. And therein lies the only reservation I have about the hotel's location. The parking lot was well-lit, but I did feel just a tad uncomfortable walking from the back end of the lot to the front entrance of the hotel in the late evening. However, I will say that I lived in Tacoma many years ago and I felt this way about most of the city even back then. Nonetheless, Tacoma is a great town with many unique places to visit including the Musuem of Glass downtown and the waterfront. And, when you do come to Tacoma, and particularly if you're a Hilton HHonors member, I would heartily encourage you to stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you taking the time to write in regarding your recent stay at Hampton Inn and Suites, Tacoma. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we are doing. Our goal is to ensure 100% guest satisfaction 100% of the time.

Yameekia Saxton