“Good food, great service. ”

WildFin American Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
WildFin American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 761 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$4 - US$36
Description: Welcome to WildFin American Grill at Point Ruston on the Tacoma waterfront! Enjoy fresh fish, seafood and Northwest meats. Our beverage selections include the best of the Northwest beers and wines, along with WildFin classic cocktails. Enjoy the views of Point Defiance, Vashon Island, Commencement Bay and Mt. Rainier.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Celebrating a birthday was the reason for our visit. The restaurant is large and comfortable, great views of the bay.
Food was good and servings were generous ( fish and chips had one large piece of fish with tons of fries and a cup of chowder) but prices are a tad high. There were six of us, only three of us had a glass of wine and one drank two beers. Our tab was 280.00. Maybe that's ok for Tacoma folks.
The hostess and waitress were very kind, welcoming and attentive. Manager thanked us for the visit.

1  Thank Melissa W
There are newer reviews for WildFin American Grill

Reviewed 2 August 2017

What a great way to spend out anniversary. We started with two drinks: a Majito and a Rosemary Lime Cooler (awesome). For an appetizer we tried the Warm Brie and Cambozola (fantastic - just needed more! For dinner my wife had the Alaskan Snow Crab Stuffed Cod and I had the Mixed Seafood Grill (Salmon, Scallops, and Prawns). There wasn't a downside to the entire meal. Veggies, potatoes, and the outside seating view all hit home runs. We'll be back as we really enjoyed the entire celebration.

1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Avoid the deck on a Monday, the servers are total amateurs. Waited 45 minutes for food while next table (with more people) got waves of appetizers and drink refills while our drinks were empty. The first string staff probably works the weekends. The waitress stood around & looked at the water a lot.

1  Thank svnv15
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We met friends for lunch at 11 at WildFin. We had a reservation in place for the six of us. The restaurant was not busy and we asked to sit on the deck. We were informed that only a table of four could be accommodated as they will not combine two tables to seat us. They then said we could sit by the window....ok....but then led to a booth that was not next to the window....we called them out on it but then they went into the routine about not combing the tables nonsense. They did seat two tables with only two guests at each on the deck after we were seated.

Wake up management as you are no longer the only restaurant option at Point Ruston. We had stopped by here a few months ago and they were much busier and I could understand why they could not seat six on the deck. This is unfortunate as the wait staff and kitchen are wonderful.

Next time we are in the area we will try one of the many other options in the Point Ruston complex.

1  Thank Troy B
Reviewed 22 July 2017

A friend suggested trying a restaurant that neither one of us had been to before. I, ahead of time, had joined the eClub and got a free appetizer coupon. The restaurant, itself, is beautiful, and sits right on the bay. Very pretty. The tables were pretty close to each other and we could hear everyone's conversations.

We used the free appetizer coupon for the warmed brie. I was glad we had this free, because it only came with THREE crackers topped with the brie, pear, and nut mixture. My friend and I each got 1 1/2 to eat. I had expected a lot more, and would never order this again.

I ordered the flat iron steak sandwich. It looked really good, but when I bit into it, I had to open it up and cut off all the fat around the edges. I don't know how they expected you to eat it when it was served that way. It did have nice large roasted tomatoes on top and the meat had good flavor, but they literally grilled a steak and slapped it onto the bread. My friend ordered the open face crab melt. To me, it looked kind of small, especially for the price. My steak sandwich was $18.99. It DID come with steak fries, but I thought it was expensive.

There are so many restaurants in Tacoma to chose from. I don't think I will come back to WildFin. I enjoy the restaurants further down on Ruston Way (Harbor Lights, Shenanigan's, The Ram). As for brie----I look forward to eating it at El Gaucho again where it is absolutely FANTASTIC (and larger than just three crackers full).

1  Thank Puyallup3

Been to WildFin American Grill? Share your experiences!