See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

From the beginning, it was a terrible experience. I booked the room for a weekend stay. When I showed up at noon and asked about early check-in the front desk staff politely informed me it would not be available. Perfectly acceptable. So I met my friend downtown and we hung out until check in time. We showed up at 3:45 and was met by Amarita, who would prove to be the sweetest yet least helpful person in this whole ordeal. She stumbled over her words as she tried to use circular reasoning to explain to us why we would have to wait another 30-45 mins to get a room. Unhappy, but willing to overlook this inconvenience, we walked to the bar across the street to kill time. At the 30 min mark I called and was informed it would be another 30-45 min wait. My friend, who is a bit more confrontational than I am walked back to the hotel and asked to speak to a manager because at this point waiting almost 3 hours past check-in was unacceptable. Amarita and a blonde woman did their best to squash any problems they would receive from their manager by asking to call her in front of him. They tried to explain away the issues to her over the phone before letting my friend speak to her. The manager, Christine, then told him they would be discounting the room. Also, magically, there was now a clean room available. When he got off the phone with Christine, Amarita informed him they couldn't give the discount because it was booked through Expedia. She told him to call Expedia to hey the refund. Cool. No issues. He comes back to the bar and tells me I need to go check in to get the room. On my way there he tells me to ask for the managers info just in case Expedia needed to get in touch with someone to pay out the discount. When I asked for the managers info, Amarita started to give it to me, but then the blonde woman stepped in and said they're not allowed to give out information. So I asked for at least a last name so I could give it to Expedia. Again I was told no. During all this, Amarita went around the corner to take a phone call from who I assume to be the oncoming manager. She referred to me and my friend as "the problem". At that point I was visibly frustrated and I let it go and told my friend what happened after I got back to the bar with the room key. He decided the next morning he would go speak to the manager. I'm the morning, before we went out on the town, we stopped by the front desk, 9:30. Unfortunately there was STILL no manager to be found. The young man was on his second day at the job and was courteous as could be. He gave us the front desk number and asked us to call back later to speak to the manager. We wound up staying out until about 10 that night and was too busy enjoying our time out of that hell hole to think about calling. When we finally arrived back in our room we were surprised to find all our stuff was missing. We called down to the front desk and a man named Tom answered. He informed us we had only been booked for a night. But I definitely booked the room through the weekend. They acknowledged that upon check in (when we were finally able to check in 3 hours past check in time). And our key still opened the room. They brought MOST of our things back in a garbage bag and apologized for the misunderstanding. The next morning my friend went down and was greeted by the district manager, Tom Zett. He seemed fairly annoyed with my friend initially, but warmed up after he explained all our stuff had been taken out of the room. He told my friend he would comp us a night and discount the second night. He shook his hand and said "I want to make this right." My friend came back to the room and told me I needed to call the booking agency to get the refund. I did and explained the district manager said he was going to do. I sat on hold while they called Tom. I was on hold for almost half an hour. When they finally got back on the line they explained it took so long because he refused to discount the second night. He comped the first one, but that was it.
As we were leaving my friend and I noticed quite a few things had been thrown out or taken. A bottle of wine, 30 bucks worth of food, 30 dollars in hair care products and a few more miscellaneous items. All in all, about 70 bucks worth of stuff. Easily the worst place she's ever stayed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Don W
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Don, it was disappointing to read your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable, and we are taking appropriate steps to ensure future guests do not encounter the same issues. We hope you will accept our apologies and consider giving us another chance to show you the outstanding service that we typically provide.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

We specialize in sharing your room with homeless people. Nothing like walking in and seeing a hobo dropping a duece in your toilet. But even before you get to the room, they set the ambience by locating piles of trash throughout the hallways. Then the lovely people at the front desk charge your cards multiple times and take forever to refund you.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank matthewjohnson274
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will take the necessary actions to ensure these issues are properly addressed.

Reviewed February 26, 2018

The hotel is run down, dirty, room rug are filthy, room furniture torn, wifi is so slow I had to use my cell phone as a hot spot I had it checked and it downloading at 28KB to 41KB per second, extremely noisy from traffic, very few television channels, no business center, pots and pans limited, bathroom door has hole kicked into it, and room was never cleaned on it's allotted day. The only good thing was front staff was friendly.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 421lutherm
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

We are disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We will personally address these issues with the appropriate teams to ensure happy guests is our number one priority. We truly regret the inconvenience caused and please consider us again so that we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed January 14, 2018

I have decided to stay at this location until I figure out permanent living arrangements. The cleanliness and friendliness, is BEYOND superb. Only thing that makes this a downfall is the cheap insulation. Very noisy. Other than that no complaints .

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

It was our pleasure accommodating you at the Extended Stay America. We are so happy that you had a great night's rest and that our facilities and service were to your satisfaction. Thanks again, and we hope you will visit with us again the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed January 1, 2018

Very dirty hotel room. Hole on the door, dirty and stained carpet and bedding. Filthy bathroom with urine stains. Reeked of cigarette smoke. We left and moved to another hotel upon seeing the room. Front desk service was average however.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank C1616KKmariag
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to post your review. On behalf of our entire staff, we sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced. We have procedures in place so that this does not happen, so we will investigate where we fell short. We only wish that we could have addressed these issues while you were here so that you didn't leave the hotel with a negative impression. We assure you that what you experienced is not the norm and ask that you give us another try whenever you return to the area. We look forward to having you visit again so that we can provide you with a better stay.