“Good but not Great”

Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Tumwater
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We ate happy hour fans and love this place. The view is amazing, particularly since it is lierally 50ft from I5. Beautiful waterfalls. Food and pricing quite good.
I normally have their fish and chips, which is quite good except the cole slaw that so bland it is not worthy of being on my plate.
My wife had the beef nachos and were very good. Their house wine is quite good (Sycamore Lane Cab). Service was lacking on this visit. Either too many customers or just poor service, either way we waited for attention and response to our requests.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

We stayed at the local Comfort Inn and chose this restaurant for dinner. This turned out to be a pleasant surprise as the view of Tumwater Falls from this restaurant is great. Dinner was also delicious.

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Being gluten free and having food allergies can make eating out difficult. It’s not advertised, but nearly the entire menu is gluten free, and it’s delicious! The Calamari is done perfectly. The service is amazing. Taylor was so accommodating to my allergies! I’ll definitely be going back!

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant has stunning views of the waterfalls. I think every seat enjoys the view! The food was ok. I had a northwest sampler which included a piece of halibut, salmon and a crab cake. After I ordered I was told the crab cake contained shrimp (I’m allergic) so I couldn’t eat a third of my meal. The tiny piece of halibut was dry and over cooked. Glad there was a seafood sauce that went over it. The sauce was ok, but nothing to rave about. The salmon with a red pepper sauce was the best part of the meal! The salmon was cooked perfectly and the sauce was a nice complement. My husband had a filet mignon with the same seafood sauce. He said it was good, but not great! I think the steak would have been better without the sauce! We opted to take home dessert, a piece of chocolate cake and a piece of carrot cake. Both were good, but again not the best we’ve ever had. The biggest reason to visit is the view!!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

My husband and I decided to give Falls Terrace another try last weekend and really enjoyed sitting out on the deck watching the falls, the birds, and the people milling about below. During dinner, I commented to my husband that this restaurant enjoys one of the most beautiful views in the south Puget Sound region. But the food.... I can't help but wonder why a restaurant like this just can't make decent food. Maybe some cooking lessons are needed? We had a chopped salad (iceberg lettuce), fried brie, and lettuce wraps. Please, Falls T, make some improvements on your food. I really want to return and enjoy this beautiful spot, but can't see spending another $50 for such average food.

Been to Falls Terrace Restaurant? Share your experiences!