Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee
US$69
US$179
US$189
SpringHill Suites
Best Western Chieftain Inn(Wenatchee)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$105
US$126
La Quinta Inn & Suites Wenatchee(Wenatchee)(Great Value!)
US$114
La Quinta
US$225
US$64
US$55
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflessausagechoice hotelsindoor poolhot tubdowntown wenatcheefamily emergencycookieswould stay here againpleasant stayfree breakfastfirst floormini fridgemission ridgeeasy accesscereal
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Inn downtown Wenatchee for two nights. Check in was smooth and friendly as was the check-out. The hallways are a bit threadbear but the room was very good. It was very clean and had been updated. The room was quiet at night.

The in-house hot breakfast was OK. All the usual hotel favorites, waffles, biscuts and gravy, fruit, etc. The dining area was clean.

The hotel is within walking distance of downtown Wenatchee.

The price was good.

I would certainly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Select a room in the back. The hotel is located on a busy street and the rooms on the front may have more noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ed S
Reviewed April 3, 2012

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT STAY HERE!!
My husband and I rushed to Wenatchee, last minute, for a family emergency. We stayed here because it’s pet friendly and inexpensive. I booked the reservation online and even called the 1-800 number on their website to make sure that they did, in fact, allow pets.

We made the 3 ½ drive, spent the day at the hospital, and then went to the motel. My husband checked us in, while I waited in the car, then we went to our room for much needed rest. We were out of the room, with our dogs, for the entire next day and came back to a note coving their pet policy. It was then I found out from my husband he had not told them at check in we have 2 small dogs.

We had made no attempt to hide our dogs but I was surprised we had this letter from the front desk. I had put the ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door, as they do not provide a safe in the room. Had someone been in our room? That upset me and, in turn, upset my husband as we both had a very long day. We decided to leave the matter be, assumed they knew we had our dogs and would charge the appropriate fee for two nights. That is where I made my mistake.

A week later my husband got a charge on his card for $250 (pet fee). I called the Comfort Inn immediately to rectify the situation and hopefully get an explanation. I was told that the manager would be out for the entire week, great. I waited the week and contacted the Comfort Inn again. The first time I called the manager had just stepped out; I left my name and number. The second time the manager was on the phone, but I was told she had received my message and would call. An hour later a receptionist called me to get my confirmation number and asked me to explain my situation. She then told me that she couldn’t do anything and I should call the manager (Kelly) the next morning since she would handle any reversal of charges.

The next morning I was on the phone again and the manager actually answered the phone. I am guessing she was ready for a fight. I have worked in customer service for many years and I was extremely disappointed by the way this woman spoke to me. There was no understanding and she basically was accusing me of trying to sneak my dogs in. I was nearly in tears and then she says there is nothing she can do to help me, she has to call her manager.

She didn’t return my call so I called her as I wanted to get this situation cleared up. She said we had signed the receipt stating that they were allowed to charge us $250 and I was given two chances to state that I had dogs with me and I didn’t. Basically that it was my own fault and they had procedures in place and she had to follow them. What did I do that warranted them charging $250 rather than the $80 they should have charged? Where is the compassion? For this reason I think other travelers, especially those with pets, should know about my experience. Do what I should have done from the beginning and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Travel4pleasure07
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I were looking for an affordable place to stay for one night for a snowboarding trip to Mission Ridge. This place fit our needs. Our room was nice and clean, and we were surprised to find how spacious our room was, (which was perfect to store all our snowboarding gear.) The woman who checked us in was very nice and friendly, and there were chocolate chip cookies when we checked in, (yum!) In the morning they had a pretty decent free breakfast too. It was quiet during our stay but in the morning, we could hear the people above us walking, and doors slamming, (which is why I am rating this a 4 instead of a 5.) The noise wasn't bad since we had to be up early, but you might want to pack ear plugs if you're not an early morning riser.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria H
gina_muller, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

Hi Victoria Clipper.....Thank you for your comments, I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and that the rooms were spacious enough for your snowbarding gear. Our fresh baked chocolate chip cookies are very "yummy" and proabably tasted fabulous after a day of snowboarding at Mission Ridge. We hope to see you the next time you are in Wenatchee.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed here Monday night, March 19th, after skiing at Mission Ridge. I picked it based on the reviews of others and the attractive room rates. Spot on (other than the pool and hot tub being closed for the day for chlorine treatment - my back was looking forward to the hot tub!). Wenatchee has quite a few hotels, which must contribute to the excellent value proposition of this property. I've stayed in places twice the price that weren't as nice.

The room was very modern and clean, with nice mattresses (two queens) and comfortable pillows. It had a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and flat-screen TV with a large selection of channels. The wifi (free) worked well even though we were near the end of the top floor. The bathroom was a bit awkward, as the door comes to within a hair's width of the toilet front when opening. Since the sink and vanity are outside it works OK.

It's hard to tell how old the building is, since the rooms seem to have been recently updated. While the climate control unit is the through-the-wall kind, it's fairly new and very quiet. It lacked a fan-only setting, which many have and is useful as "white noise" at night. We were on the back side, and even though there were well-used train tracks not too far away the noise wasn't bad. Picking nits, the room lacked anywhere comfortable to sit. The two queen beds don't leave room for an upholstered chair (maybe the king rooms have one). There were two straight-back wood chairs at the desk/table, the typical motel type that don't sit well for very long.

They tout the breakfast, though it's pretty much like others of similar hotels. They have just switched to "scrambled eggs" from the pre-made omelets, and they need some work. They were inedible, no moisture, like rubber balls and funny colored. I thought they must have been out for a long time, but the woman working the area said about 10 minutes. There were plenty of other choices, but I see they read their reviews so I am mentioning it.

They make cookies in the evening and have coffee and milk available at any time. They also provide both USA Today and the Wall Street Journal, a really nice touch. The common area has some comfy chairs and a fireplace (not on when we were there). There's also a computer for anyone to use.

This is a very well cared for property that the owners clearly run with pride. I've never stayed anywhere where they actually ask you to review them on the major travel sites (on the paperwork when you get your receipt). They deserve the recognition. I've stayed a few places in Wenatchee over the years, but need look no further in the future.

Room Tip: Main road on front side, train tracks near back. Back was pretty quiet even with freight trains.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MarkSSeattle

Hi MarkSSeattle....Thank you for taking the time to give an indepth review of the hotel. I apologize that the pool and hottub were closed for chlorine treatment,. The scrambled eggs are new to our hot breakfast buffet and we are working on the "rubbery" scrambled egss. We have ordered a new serving unit in hopes that our egss will be fluffy and delicious. It sounds like for the most part you enjoyed your accommodations at the Comfort Inn Wenatchee Downtown. We always llike hearing from our guests, that's why we do encourage everyone to make a comment about their guest experience on Trp Advisor. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Wenatchee and hopfully the pool & hottub will not be closed for "routine" maintenance.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Friendly staff, efficient front desk and clean. A small misunderstanding was resolved by the manager in a courteous and timely manner. Conveniently located near several services and restaurants; this is where I stay when I work in that area and will continue to be so.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank CHATHY W

Hi C.W.....Thank you for you review, I apologize for the misunderstanding at check-in and gald to know it was handled in a timely manner. The hotel is in a very convenient location and located close to everything. I am happy know this is where you stay when you are in Wenatchee.