“A True Teppan "Skill Show", With Great Food ALSO!”

Sumo Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 141 Restaurants in Wenatchee
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2017

We went here for our granddaughters birthday dinner, with her Mom, Dad, Brother, Aunt, 2 Cousins, her Brother and my Wife and I. I had asked that we get their best showman for dinner, and Alex exceeded all expectations....we Started with Japanese Beer, Saki, and Wine, while the kids had Juices and Japanese Soft Drinks. Shrimp & Veggie Tempura and Edemame' as Appetizers. Then Kids meals, two shrimp, one steak, and one chicken, which was prepared in back because of my grandsons food allergies (Eggs, Milk, Nuts). The grownups had Two Shrimp Dinner, One Filet and Chicken Dinner, One Filet Mignon Dinner, and One order of Spicy Sushi Rolls with Tuna, Yellowtail, Shrimp and Avocado. Most wanted Fried Rice instead of Steamed, so after doing a Fiery Happy Face on the grill, we got a show with eggs, Spun, Flipped, even one into the Chef's Hat. Then Broken on the same Spatula and slid down the face like a slide...Everyone raved about the meal, the quality, the taste, and of course the preparation....Our waiter throughout our meal was also superb, attending to every need, and showing sincere concern for our enjoyment. I have to add that our chef also provided long squirt bottles of sake' for the adults, and Water for the Kids, with the bottle being drawn away three to four feet with missing.... He did the Onion Volcano- flamed, and then had a train horn for the steam once the fire went out. He then used a spatula and flipped a metal bowl into the top of his chefs hat.... He then lit two Fire Sticks, about 1 foot long, and juggled, spum, tossed and overwhelmed us all. He then lit a tip without the handle and tossed it into the top of his hat, and watched the flames coming out of his hat... He was Spectacular.... Teppan here is a must, and their sushi and sashimi are excellent. Good choice of Japanese and Chinese Beers, Several selections of Cold and Hot Sake', as well as other beers and wines.
If you want Great Japanese Food, and want to be entertained, this is the place to Go......

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Have visited Sumo numerous times for their sushi & it is wonderful. It has always been fresh & very flavorful. My husband who never tried sushi & was always hesitant, is now a fan of Sumo with their many cooked sushi roll options.

This past weekend we tried their hibachi for the first time. It was delicious. I had the salmon with shrimp & my husband had the filet mignon with shrimp. Both very flavorful.

We will both be returning, like we normally do, but now have more choices to consider when ordering from Sumos very expansive menu. I highly recommend dining there. Their happy hour is fantastic as well.

Reviewed March 22, 2017 via mobile

I can say it is the BEST sushi in town, no doubt.
The rolls are fresh , the presentation of the plates are pretty nice, they have a combo of sushi in a wood boat presentation, yo have to see it.
The Hibachi area is a good size, the show the chefs, how they cook your food are amazing.

I highly recommend you make a Reservation at dinner time.
I'm sure you will love it as well.

Reviewed March 19, 2017

I am gluten free and our waiter did an excellent job of making sure the cook didn't give me any gluten. The food was very good and plentiful.

Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

Sumo is an entertaining dining experience. The Hibachi Grill is the way to go in my opinion. Birthday participants get a desert and extra attention.