“Great Meal”

Price range: US$0 - US$12
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2017

Lunch time rolled around and my co-workers wanted a nice sit down meal. I am not a local, so I was relying on their knowledge and found this place delightful and comfy. I ordered the chicken BLT, which was on special. I also ordered the chicken bisque soup. Both the sandwich and soup were above par, and no comparison to a chain shop like Subway- if you want cheap eats, Subway is fine. The waitress was friendly and helpful, and the meal was easily over within our allotted lunch period. I would have liked to try dinner, but my visit did not allow the next meal.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch with friends today. The meals were served promptly & all were hot and tasty! Our waitress worked with us on a vegan order and the kitchen was very flexible in preparing it. Friendly staff. Never a parking problem. Quiet place for lunch for a big office get together! Daily specials are always tasty & a good value. Wine, beer & mixed drinks available! We will be back!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 22, 2017

It would be somewhat amusing of the good reviews of this place if my experience wasn't so bad.
I took my family to dinner there on a Sunday night. Made 6 pm reservations for 5 people and was seated promptly and given water and menus. Waited 5 minutes for waitress, never told about dinner special. After another 5 minutes waitress took our order, so far so good. Order for appetizers, was prompt and then the salads. I had ordered rice with my dish but the waitress had come back after 20 minutes and said the kitchen had run out and asked if a baked potatoe would be OK. BUT we waited and waited and finally at 7:20 pm the entrees arrived, but no baked potatoe for me or my grand daughter. The waitress apologized and the potatoes' arrived 10 minutes later and were a little over half cooked. The halibut I ordered was fully cooked but very bland, I had to ask for some lemon juice to help it along. To spend over a $100 and get this kind of service is not a pleasant experience. I give this place two stars only because the waitress was very, very apologetic. Otherwise one star would be generous.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Arrived without reservation and were fortunate to get a table. Waitress was prompt and her suggestions were bang on!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed September 20, 2017

A nice place that has been around since 1940, that says a lot about it. I had one of the best chicken fried stakes ever, done with a good steak and cooked just right. Lots of other steak and seafood choices and wish we would have left room for pie. They looked great, made right there.

Date of visit: September 2017