“Very Tasty, Great Service, Fantastic Rice”
Review of India House

India House
Ranked #42 of 141 Restaurants in Wenatchee
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

First off, the only reason this isn't getting 5* is because the meat on my saag was all over the place in tenderness. Some morsels were fantastic while others were horribly chewy. More on the entire course later.

We don't often get to Wenatchee. Usually when we do it's combined with a hospital trip. This visit was no different. Before leaving home I had already decided I was in the mood for Indian. That's a cuisine unavailable to us here. Since we had been to India House some years earlier we were expecting a good meal. Mostly, we weren't disappointed.

I ordered saag lamb (slightly hot) and my wife ordered chicken vindaloo (hot). We also ordered olive paneer.

As mentioned, my lamb wasn't the best. It was good, mind you, but it certainly could have been better. The saag, however, was very good. It was a tad spicier than I had hoped, making me wonder if they got the heat levels mixed. My wife's vindaloo was also very tasty but not so spicy, again confirming my thoughts about the heat levels. The paneer was scrumptious but the star of the meal...the basmati rice. Fluffy, individual grains of the best tasting rice I've had in a very long time.

Our service was quite acceptable, unlike comments from so many others. Honestly, having not seen a review from 2018 I was worried the place was no longer open. I'm glad I we wrong about that!

1  Thank EasternWA_Pirate

Reviewed September 29, 2017

In a town full of Mexican restaurants, Indian food sounds pretty unique. But truth be told the name of the store is the best part of it. Once inside the staff is less than helpful, slow service and really poor food.

Seriously, I save your money and eat Indian food when you go to Seattle.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

The appetizer pakoras were too good.
The kababs and tandoori was great as well. Loved the chicken curry and naan. Wud recommend this place to anyone looming for good quality indian food in the area.

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

1- Paneer tikka masala was Served with less quantity than normal upon complaint I was given another serving after 15 minutes which was prepared with uncooked turmeric and to mask yellow food colour due to turmeric I think cook must have used food colour, there was day night difference in both servings of paneer tikka masala.
2- Naan had tiny stone almost broke my tooth
3- Very bad service to process bill
4- waiter spilled water on table and didn't bother to clean it

Will never go again.

P.s - I heard customer from close by table complain about beer temperature

Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

Very good variety of options on the lunch buffet. The Naan was perfectly done. Price was reasonable.

Been to India House? Share your experiences!