1,243 results
All reviews barking frog red hook brewery wine tasting herb farm fireside lounge chateau st michelle winery wine country soaking tub nicer room columbia winery rose petals within walking distance local wineries gas fireplace beautiful property pacific northwest
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My fiancée Picked this location out of pure happenstance... We had never been to this region before and did no research what so ever prior to the trip - sometimes that is how you find the most amazing locations.
First of all - the property is amazing and gives you a wonderful feeling of privacy but still intimate, the staff deserve nothing but the highest of praise as they treated us like gold and did everything to make our stay as memorable as possible. The rooms were fantastic and we upgraded to the Do Not Disturb package..... I recommend it to any couple ;-)
The food on the premise is also a 10... We had breakfast room service almost every day and it was phenomal... The barking frog does a superb supper as well with excellent bar staff... There was always entertainment at the fireside lodge but only managed 1 evening to get a table.
All in all it was an amazing trip and a recommendation to any couple looking to get away!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Jbourboing
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Just in for the weekend which had several social events already planned so did not get a chance to use amenities offered. The room however was perfect, view was amazing, and the wine in the area (and in the hotel) was fantastic. Staff was overly helpful and courteous. Will return at some point to take advantage of all the things I missed. Comfort of a lodge with all the features for modern convenience.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My boyfriend & I stayed here due to a friends wedding down the street from the hotel. Walking into the room the layout was amazing! Big & spacious, with lighting you can adjust throughout the entire room. It was raining out side & we also had the sound of a waterfall outside our room so of course we had the fireplace going!! Between the soaking tub & the bed there is a sliding partition (that we kept open so we could watch the fireplace from the tub) if you need privacy. The TV you can also see easily from there. There is a standup shower that is larger than most in other hotels. The toilet seat is even man proof so that it doesn't slam down after being used! The bar in the hotel closes quite early but there is wine & alcohol in your room if you prefer to take that route or you can bring your own! Truly a great experience & by far the best we've ever stayed in....

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The room was excellent;however, for the price I think towels and sheets could have been softer. The soaking tub, fireplace and shower were excellent. The spa was great. The location was great if you are planning on visiting the wineries or the redhook brewery.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The great: Beautiful rooms - fireplace, large tub, balcony, robes abd slippers included, great in-room bar choices for snacks and drinks. Walking distance to too many wineries to get to them all. They let us check in early and gave us glasses of wine.

The not-so-great:

Only two towels in the room.

At check-out, despite having a package that included our massages, we were billed separately for these and overcharged. I pointed this out and it was quickly corrected.

The bad:

My massage was okay, but there were some strange parts where she wiggled me around a little too much. In addition, without asking or saying anything at all about it, she removed my diamond necklace and then forgot to get it back to me. When I realized this, I went back and was basically told they didn't want to bother the next person who was getting massaged in the room. They said they would bring my necklace over to us at breakfast, but when we were done, we still had to wait 15 minutes to get it. They originally said they would interrupt the person if we were leaving right then, but they really wanted to avoid it because it sounded like a high maintenance client, which was okay because we were eating, but the wait afterwards was really annoying and made me feel like I should have insisted earlier because nice guys obviously finish last. Maybe next time I will be the high-maintenance customer so I can get that level of service. We could see where we ranked in this instance.

The woman at the desk of the spa was very apologetic, but when the masseuse who caused the issue walked by, she didn't say a word. I wished I could have gotten my tip back.

Overall, I would stay there again For sure and ask for extra towels, but doubt I'd revisit the spa. I don't need to spend that much money to feel low on the priority list.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Jenn S