“One place where I won't be going again”

Purple Cafe and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Purple Cafe and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 114 Restaurants in Woodinville
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE 145th St.
Description: Purple Café and Wine Bar pairs a global wine selection with a menu that combines classic American styles with seasonal Northwest ingredients..
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The first thing noted is the small card presented in an attempt to justify a mandatory tip of 20% added to each bill in 'fairness.' See picture of same. Not that all this mandatory tip directly goes to the server, but is used to offset normal restaurant expense. And, it is not that this store charges ridiculously low prices to justify. One guest ordered what turned out to be a very small piece of fish without any extras for which the charge is $38. Rest of the diners has the equivalent of snacks (soup, sandwich, bruschetta, etc.) that, including the one wine and beer ordered resulted in a total bill for five of $186. My flatbread, Italian sausage flavored, was tasty, but pricey at $16. Could a got a pretty good hand crafted pizza elsewhere for a lot less. Very noisy; impossible to carry on a conversation without yelling yourself hoarse. Place was jammed for a We nite and folks seem to be enjoying themselves, possibly prior to seeing how much they paid for the privilege. Very limited parking in cramped lot.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A poor review 3 weeks ago said that the food was burnt food. I wish our food was warm.
Pasta was cool and the bold was cold! Pasta was tasteless.
It was so loud that we gave up trying to talk.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was a pre birthday celebration for my wife and me. The parking lot was jammed packed. It took us 2 times around until someone pulled out and we had a primo spot.
The restaurant was crowded inside and out with a commensurate noise level. We were given a great table against the brick wall and the glass front of the restaurant. Our conversation was comfortable and private even with the din around us.
The service and food were spot on. The calamari was tender, hot and tasty. We ordered small plates including a flat bread, crab cakes and a mushroom tart. The food came out at appropriate intervals and temperature. The wine list was extensive as one might imagine.
The value and experience were bonuses.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We had a small family dinner before going to Benaroya Hall which is a block away. Dinner was excellent. I had the MALBEC-BRAISED BONELESS BEEF SHORT RIB. I wished it had been a bit larger portion it was so good. Parking with validation is only $5.00 for a couple hours.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Burnt food? Really?
First my baked Brie was burnt, ( and I don't mean dark or over cooked, I mean part of my he too was black) then my bacon wrapped meatloaf arrived burnt as well. The edges of the bacon were charcoal.

I understand every chef can have an off night sometimes, but someone at the pass should have caught it. Burnt food should not go out to a customer.

I have been going to Purple in Kirkland since they opened. I occasionally go to the downtown location as well. I was excited to find out there was a location in Woodinville as that is close to my house. However I really don't know if I will give this location another try.