“Thank You!!”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Buffalo, Minnesota
“Thank You!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We appreciated the staff, the real coffee cups & glasses, the recycling. Everything!! Green & comfortable.

Room Tip: Every room is great with a view of the river.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Spokane
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stay at the Oxford Inn in Yakima Washington approximately every four weeks, and have been for about the last five years. I have always received excellent service from the staff and the facility is always clean and in good condition. I travel a great deal in my position with the trustee's office and stay in many motels around the state. I especially enjoy the staff at the Yakima Oxford Inn, they are always friendly and greet me every time I arrive. They endeavor to get me into my favorite room and usually are able to do so. I especially wish to commend Grace, Clemencia, and Mindy for thier outstanding customer service. These ladies do a great job making me feel welcome and seem to treat all the guests with the same care and respect. I appreciate they remember my name, favorite room, favorite places to eat when I am in town, and are generally friendly and engaging. Good job ladies.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Brocket
Reviewed 19 December 2011

So I'm just going to be blunt with this. This hotel is AMAZING!!! They have a superb Breakfast, free of charge. Rooms are fantastic, beds are superbly comfortable, and we had a pretty fantastic veiw of the river. Plus Walmart and an excellent Mexican restaraunt are located within walking distance. Definately worth the extra bucks to stay here.

Room Tip: Be sure you book with the hotel directly and avoid a charge that is added via expedia.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Nieuwerkerk aan den Ijssel, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 December 2011

This hotel provides great value and is a very convenient place to stay while you're on the road. We had a room on the ground floor which is nice, because it included a small deck / patio from where you see the Yakima river. You can walk alongside it through the grass, very nice!

We used the pool and hot tub in the evening and it was still nice and hot.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We had an enjoyable visit. The staff members were friendly and patient. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were quiet. The complilmentary breakfast was sufficient but nothing special. Our kids used the pool and jacuzzi in the rain. The deck from the room looked out onto the beautiful Yakima River. We ran along the lovely biking trail that followed the river. There is a large playground down the trail about 1/4 mile walk from the hotel. We ate nachos at the adjoining Mexican restaurant that was large enough to handle crowds. Bob's Burgers and Brew is a wonderful restaurant, about 7 or 8 blocks away. We will be back next summer.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the river side of the building.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Our check in and check out was quick, easy and hassle-free, and our very well kept room was a pleasure to rest in. The bed was really comfortable -- although for my short little wife, it was a bit hard for her to get in and out of the bed, because it was so high. An added bonus for us was that our third floor room overlooked the clear and pretty Yakima River, just outside our balcony. It was very restful, and was easy to imagine that years ago the salmon made their spawning runs up this very stream.
We thought that the Continental breakfast was good and satisfying for relatively small eaters like us.
We recommend this place highly -- we will stay here again the next time we're in Yakima.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I agree with several other reviews: The best by far is the location by the river. As we got a good price on hotels.com, I feel this place to be good value and certainly more recommendable than any other property in Yakima. The room we had was adequate in every aspect. The white pillows were NOT soiled by the dreaded beadspread. Thank heavens, a lot of places are learning to abandon that filthy practice!
The "free" breakfast was nothing special, but when are they ever? Unfortunately, there was a feeding frenzy on our last morning so that we could get no seat or the eggs that I do like.
The only minor gripe I had was that the magnetic doorkeys were hard to manage.
I would go back anytime we find ourselves in Yakima again.

Room Tip: Top floor: best river view and you can sleep with open balcony door.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple