“Not What I Expected”

Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I'm not sure why travelers rate this hotel 3 stars or more. It's a tired, run down, hotel crying out for upgrades. Could have been cleaner. The room TV was an old, CRT style TV. I guess the only thing that was redeeming was the pillows (comfortable).

Room Tip: Not sure that I would encourage a traveler to stay here when there are other, newer options nearby...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
DaveYakima_WA, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

I am sorry to hear that your stay did not leave a more positive impression. We read and take all of our reviews seriously and use them as a guide to better ourselves and our services. Thank you for your feedback. I hope that if you are in our area again you will come by and see us and experience, like others have, the level of service we know we can offer. Thank you for your time and patronage.

David Elzie DOS
Director of Sales

Reviewed 27 September 2011

The room was clean and the staff was great. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The only problem that I found was in the bathroom around the tub, mold was starting to form. We keep coming back every year. The breakfast is wonderful too, although most places would include this type of breakfast with the room price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us! We appreciate your comments, which are passed on to other hotel associates to let them know of a job well done. We look forward to seeing you again. If there is anything we can do in the meantime to help prepare for your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us.

David Elzie DOS
Director of Sales

Reviewed 25 September 2011

Our room was labeled as "pet friendly" but there were no barriers to keep our cats from crawling under the beds. When we tried to get them out we found old chips, popcorn, and other garbage. When we brought this to the front desk's attention, they appeared annoued and sent someone in with a broom. They did not get all of the food out from under the beds. We later found an empty water bottle behind the entertainment center. It was the worst hotel experience I ever had. I would have rather stayed at a Super 8. Our room was disgusting and all of the staff we encountered were neither friendly or accommodating. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2011

From the time I made reservations for 5 rooms for Sept. 17 - 19, I was disappointed. The woman who took those reservations on June 14th sounded like she thought I was from Mars when I asked for the contracted price for the Retired Public Employees Conference. Then the rooms were not next to each other (127, 221, 233, 235 & 236). They were not near the Convention Center. On September 18th, my room was not cleaned, which meant my coffee was not replenished, nor was my bed made. What does one stay in a hotel for? The TV was bad on the "local" channels. Then the TV lost the FOX channel just when the Emmy Awards came on. Most of the 7 people in our group did not like the banquet dinner because the noodle mixture was really strange.

Room Tip: I guess you need to ask for rooms on the east side or the main building on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stayed for one night on Labor Day Weekend- still having back issues after sleeping on a terrible bed! Too many negatives to stay there again including a $6.00 fee for a crowded, understocked breakfast that is usually free at other hotels-
no hot tub- unheated pools-filthy carpet in rooms and old scatchy linens.
Positives: Nice front desk, nice Bath and Body Works toiletries and plenty of towels.
as well as central location and balconies.
We pd over $100.00/nt and felt that it was over priced for the quality.

Room Tip: probably better to ask for pool-side first level if traveling with kids.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I heard a lot of negative comments about this hotel and was not looking forward to staying here. It was through work and I had no choice. It turned out to be not as bad as expected. I wouldn't stay there on my own and would have drove the extra miles to Seattle if I had my choice. The front desk customer serivce was nice. The rooms are out dated and the beds were fair. Pillows are very small and would have bought one at Target or Wal-Mart if i had time. If passing through town and you need a place to stay it was okay. I would double check the others in town first or keep going to Seattle.

Room Tip: Was told not to stay in the back of hotel where it backs up to a low income area.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We just celebrated our 40th class reunion at this hotel, as well as staying there five nights. Everything was just perfect! Our beds were comfortable, breakfast was plentiful and tasty, and the staff throughout the hotel graciously served us. I was amazed at how delicious the reunion dinner was! Since I was on the planning committee I got to work firsthand with hotel staff. Every request we made, even last minute, was met quickly and efficiently. (No one made us feel like we were being a pain, even though I think we must have been.) This was the perfect place to host a class reunion!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if you're meeting others. Book your room early!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends