All reviewsgolf coursehorseback ridinghiking trailsnature centerstate parkpaddle boatswest virginiarocking chairstennis courtsbeautiful parkshooting rangelodge restaurantlake beachsalad barbedroom cabinpicnic areafull kitchen
Reviewed March 11, 2018

I've been here a couple of times. I've stayed in cabins and the lodge. Like all WV state parks, the people are great and maintenance and upkeep is second to none. The rooms in the lodge are a time capsule. They are well maintained, but in desperate need of updating.
I've always been a little disappointed by the restaurant in the lodge. Most of the food is pretty good. The service is usually good. However, I think it is really overpriced. Berkeley Springs is one of the more expensive towns (especially by WV standards) and the lodge restaurant seems to capitalize on that.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful state park with so many beautiful views and so many places to meet up with family, friends or throw a birthday party. Must see in my opinion it’s just far enough out to be utter peacefulness.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Very close to Washington metro area and loaded with nice surprises: multiple hiking trails from easy to moderate, from 3/4 mile to 8 or more miles if you combine trails. Trails are clearly blazed so its hard to get lost. On site cabins, lake, volleyball, tennis, golf and dining.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sam B
Reviewed November 2, 2017

We recently visited Cacapon State Park while staying in Berkeley Springs. It is a beautiful park with a beach, game courts, horseback riding, and beautiful trails. The autumn trees were beautiful and my photographer husband got some amazing shots. We walked a number of the trails. As it was a weekday, it was very quiet with only a few deer and squirrels keeping us company. We drove to the top to see the amazing view from Prospect Point. And it was completely free. We plan on coming back to stay in the lodge or cabins!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2017

My husband and I came here for a few days to get away, play golf and hike. It was a really good experience. As far as the accommodations, they were not fancy by any means and could've used some updating. But the room was clean and functional, the bed was quite comfortable, and that's all we needed and expected. There's a really nice common area where you can play games and do puzzles (provided), with a huge covered porch and tons of rockers and chairs for sitting and admiring the view. The lodge is adjacent to a very nice golf course with even nicer prices, which we availed ourselves of. There was also a tiny lake with adjoining beach, some tennis courts, fields for other recreation and hiking trails. The trails did leave a lot to be desired...clearly not well maintained, I was sure we'd get lost or at least a tick from the knee-high grass that we were walking through. One other minor warning: do not under any circumstances use their homemade shampoo provided in the bathrooms. It was like pouring glue on my head, it's a wonder it ever washed out. The lotion, on the other hand, was lovely.

Lastly, the lodge is about 10 miles from Berkley Springs, a very small but charming town where there are several good places to eat and a nice hot springs facility. We booked a soak and massage here, which were both very nice. Only complaint is that they don't mix genders, so there is no possibility of a couple's massage. Nor did they bother to mention that when I booked a man and a woman, so it was a disappointment when we showed up. The front desk woman was unapologetic and should probably be in a less people-oriented job.

Anyway, if you're looking to escape the DC area for a few days, definitely give this a try.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple