“absolutely wonderful”
Review of Ambrae House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Ambrae House
Boiling Springs Pa
“absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I searched to find the perfect spot, for my get away Birthday. When we arrived at the Ambrae
house I knew I had succeeded. The room, the owners and the food were all above my epectations. We were there only one night but the way we were treated I felt like family. At every turn they went out of their way to please us and make our stay enjoyable. I would highly recomend this B&B to one and all.

Room Tip: Talk to the owner
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mudbunny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I did not stay in the B & B as it was already booked but my friends and I went to dinner to celebrate mothers day on Saturday night. The food was excellent, I got the spinach salad topped with grilled tuna and a balsamic viagrette dressing. The Bhang Bhang shrimp and Fried Pickles were perfectly prepared and quickly gobbled up. Live entertainment by Jim Fredo helped to make this the perfect evening celebration.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank strawthom
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 21 April 2011

My husband and I wanted a little getaway. It was our 1st time leaving our 18m/o daughter. After checking reviews online we decided to try the Ambrae House.We have never been to a B&B so were a bit sceptical but it was way better then we could have imagined. We stayed in the Champagne room which was absolutely gorgeous, very clean and beautifully decorated. We had dinner down stairs in the restaurant and everything was delish from the bang bang shrimp to the peanut butter pie. The breakfast that Gary made us was also wonderful. You will deffinitely not leave there hungry. All of the staff is super friendly and nice.
We only stayed one night . We hope to return again in the near future and will deffinitely stay longer.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 20 April 2011

The B&B is beautiful we stayed in the Burgundy room which was beautiful and spacious. The downstairs bar is also wonderful with friendly bartenders and a fabulous wine list. However, it wasn't the place to stay for a nice quiet romantic weekend. The wine bar is fabulous and definitely a fun place unfortunately that means at night it is a super popular place until late into the night. The only thing separating the bar/restaurant from the rooms is a flight of stairs. It's hard to be romantic with the raucous laughter floating up from the downstairs. However, the location is right in the middle of the main drag and walking distance to everything else spas and other restaurants. If you're not looking for quiet romantic nights I would definitely recommend this place. And even if you don't stay come in for a wonderful glass of wine.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LCP2010
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I stopped in Berkeley, stayed at Ambrea last Fall
I was looking to relocate-
I now live in Berkeley Springs
Berkeley Springs a really nice friendly town, in the mountains of West Virginia
So is Ambrae--warm and friendly, Atmosphere was great
*As a disabled person, they seemed to care and that meant so much to me
The food was good, the people, people skills excellent, nice people

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 16 March 2011

This was just the place we were looking for...a peaceful, relaxing weekend away from the city and hustle of everyday life. My husband and I needed a place to unwind and feel pampered. We have always been skeptical of B&B's because we admit that we like the feel of a luxury hotel from time to time. Well, the Ambrae House was perfect.

First , the owners were amazing. They are so sweet and accommodating that you really feel at home. They asked what time would we like breakfast and what we wanted for breakfast (which was to die for!) The room was gorgeous and the soaking tub was just what we needed. Not to mention that Berkeley Springs is the home of the country's first spa so all of the water (bath water and drinking water) comes from the natural spring which is so amazing! Did I mention that they have a great wine bar located directly in the B&B...what more can you ask for? I could go on and on but I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone and everyone! My husband and I are looking forward to going back in April when the outside deck section is open :-)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 22 February 2011

After a bit of searching for the perfect place to surprise my husband with some R&R before our first baby arrives, I found and booked a newly renovated B&B in Berkeley Springs, WV, the Ambrae House and it was absolutely wonderful! There are only three rooms, and I reserved the Champagne Room on the top floor. It is beautifully decorated with a King-sized bed, sitting area, large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub.

Lisa and Gary, the innkeepers, are extremely friendly and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcomed! They went as far as to give us a card for our “Baby Moon” as well as 10% off our total stay, which was extremely kind. Oh, and did I mention that they also give you 10% off your bar and food bill when you stay and dine there?! Oh yes they do!

The first night we chose to dine in as the menu looked delicious and the place had been hopping for happy hour. When we came down from our room, the dining room was nearly full! We heard the NY Strip Steak was one of their signature items (and we saw A LOT of them being served), so my husband got that and I got the Fish Tacos (since it wasn’t a huge portion – I can’t seem to eat a lot these days!). Both were delicious! The steak was perfectly cooked and the fish tacos were made with flaky mahi-mahi and just enough of the Chipotle marinate/sauce to give that extra spice and zing!

Sunday we woke up to the smell of bacon and coffee – we couldn’t wait to see what awaited us at breakfast. Of course everything sounded good, so we opted for one of everything! Scrambled eggs, the best home fries I’ve had (lots of rosemary and pepper), perfectly cooked bacon, and best of all – Lisa’s famous Upside Down French Toast. As full as we were, we pretty much licked our plates clean. We couldn’t bear to leave anything behind it was so good! We didn’t eat again until late that afternoon!

That afternoon and ready to eat again, we went down to the bar to enjoy some happy hour apps – Fried Pickles and Bhang Bhang Shrimp – both were every bit as good as we thought they would be!! Both were perfectly cooked, crispy, and well seasoned. Unfortunately I was unable to taste-test any of the wines, but my husband seemed quite pleased with his selections over the couple days we were there.

On our final morning we got up to another filling and delicious breakfast – this time it included Creamed Chipped Beef. I’ve never had the desire to try this dish in the past, but thought I’d have to give it a whirl since the rest of their menu was so tasty. It did not disappoint! The rest of our breakfast included more yummy home fries, bacon and I had a tomato/goat cheese omelet, while my husband opted for scrambled eggs. Yup…full again!!

Berkeley Springs is less than 2 hours away from the DC metro area and definitely worth the trip if you’re looking for some place close to get away for the weekend. Located in the mountains, with inexpensive prices (in comparison to DC), and extremely friendly people (and those who actually stop if you’re in the cross-walk!), it was the perfect getaway!! I highly recommend staying at the Ambrae House – you will NOT be disappointed. You can tell that this is Lisa’s passion and she enjoys all who visits, whether it be for happy hour, dinner, to stay overnight, or any combo of the three. She and Gary will welcome you and bend over backwards to ensure you’re completely accommodated! Thank you to you both – we will be back!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley Springs
0.3 km away
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
2.9 km away
Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn
Best Western Berkeley Springs In...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Hilton Garden Inn Martinsburg
#1 of 14 in Martinsburg
28.3 km away
Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North

Been to Ambrae House? Share your experiences!