Review Highlights

Brighton, Michigan
Visually moving

Reviewed September 5, 2018
Baba L

All reviews men and women fallen soldiers beautiful tribute capitol grounds who gave their lives nice monument world war service members state museum armed forces west virginia names listed fitting tribute cultural center worth a stop visitor parking free parking
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice memorial on the capitol grounds. Located near visitor parking lot. Represents WWI, WW II, Korea and Viet Nam.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

The Veterans Memorial is a wonderful memorial to those who sacrificed everything during our nation's conflicts. This is well worth spending an hour or so at. Parking is convenient here, and it is well worth walking around the site, and looking at all angles of the exterior. This is a must-see place in Charleston.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

I'm not a Veteran, nor a Veteran memorial buff. But this monument is just stunning. We stopped in after visiting the WV State Museum, and after stepping inside, we stopped talking. We found ourselves touching the names and reflecting on the sacrifices made. We even took pictures. Take a moment to experience the majesty of this fine memorial. I wont post our pics. I'd rather you see it for yourself.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

We stopped by to see the Capitol, and we were captivated by the Veterans Memorial. There are four sections - WW1, WW2, Korea, and Viet Nam. It is beautifully and tastefully presented.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

This is a nice, relaxing area to stop and take in the views after walking around the museum and/or capital. The grass is cut nicely, the scenery is clean and welcoming and overall a nice place to take a rest. Would recommend stopping.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Located on the capitol grounds, it's a must see in Charleston. Honors veterans of all wars from West Virginia in a perfect, reflective setting. Close to parking.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

This is, by far, one of the best memorials I have seen (I have yet to go to Washington D.C.) honoring the sacrifice of the men and women in our armed forces. Its peacefulness is a counterpoint to the ravages of war. Women are specifically honored with a statue just outside of this memorial.

Reviewed July 13, 2018

Kids were asking a lot of questions about this display. My Husband who is former military was able to educate our children on the importance of it.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

My daughter is a history buff and was interested in stopping at this memorial. It is beautiful and worth the stop. It is a somber experience but an important one.

1  Thank Krista P
Reviewed June 18, 2018

This is a very well presented and respectful monument. As a retired veteran I expect my fallen comrades to to be respected. I have visited Arlington as well as Punchbowl and this monument would not be out of place at either site.

1  Thank cryoung2