“Enjoyed It, But need another Visit”

The Barge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Barge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 278 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I really enjoyed my very first visit there, but it was during the Rockin on the River concert so the menu was limited. But what I did get was very good. They were smoking BBQ that day so we had the ribs, and the calamari for an appetizer. I LOVED the calamari. It was cooked just right and the dipping sauce that came with it was very good. The ribs were also really good, especially for a place that is not a BBQ joint.

Our service was really good, even tho there was some confusion of some things because of the Festival but nothing that ruined our visit or anything. Our food came out in a timely manner and was hot.

I do want to go back and see what it's like on a normal menu night.

There are newer reviews for The Barge Restaurant

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Love this place and actually dock our boat at Trojan marina next door. Love the pickup service at top of ramp. Views are great and live music on weekend is fun. Enjoy boating here.
We have dined here twice in past month. They really need to increase organization, professionalism and preparation of staff and restaurant. First night, took over two hours for 1/2 rack ribs and two burgers. Last night, staff was rolling silver wear, sitting their personal drinks down everywhere and hanging out at 5:30 instead of moving customers along. Only one bathroom with one stall for ladies so be prepared to wait or go to porta potty. Should not have to use a porta potty when dining!!! Kitchen door was open and one of the cooks was working in sleeveless tank top cooking food! That is nasty at any place to see male cooks standing in tanks cut down side without protection of sweat and hair getting on food.
We will go back for drink which by the way are 19 for two vodka lemonades...expensive. But doubtful we dine there anytime soon. Maybe if they hire some professional staff to teach the younger staff how to operate then things will improve.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Service excellent live music by the bandwagon they are excellent. Food is delicious. Atmosphere cannot be beat. Will be back very often

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped by The Barge this afternoon for a bit if dinner. We wanted to sit outside on the dock. This was not the best idea since it was 90 degrees. We had to chase the shade most of the time.

Our meal was very good. We had the shrimp asian salad and the marqarita flatbread. Both good choices.

Since you can't drive to the restaurant they provide a golf cart shuttle from the parking lot to the front door. Excellent service.

Our waitress Katie (who was great by the way) told us they had a large beer selection, both bottle and draft. However, she said they had no list of any kind so I had no idea what they had. If you are a craft beer fan this will not bother you, otherwise, they need to create a beer menu.

Other than that, The Barge is a place you should try. Sit outside if it is not 90 degrees.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

I visited The Barge for the first time since its reopening, and I was very pleasantly surprised! Everything was updated, from the furniture, decorations, bar, and menu. I arrived there on a Friday evening around 6 p.m., and obviously others had already found this gem, because there was already an hour's wait. My friend and I decided to go inside to the bar to wait, where we discovered tables there as well and decided just to dine inside. One of the things that impressed me the most was that in spite of the crowd, our order was taken and delivered quickly. Justin, the bartender/server, adeptly managed both jobs with skill and personality. All of the food was good, from the delicious sweet and spicy shrimp appetizer, to the large tossed salad which was more than enough for two, to the flatbread pizzas. I will definitely return, hopefully when I am able to be seated outside to enjoy the beautiful river vista along with some new choices from the menu.