“Lunch with co-workers”

The Barge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Barge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 278 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Reviewed 8 August 2017

My office decided to head to the outside part for lunch on the river. First of all, it took an exceptionally long time for us to get our food. It was lucky that our boss was with us, or we would have been in trouble. Secondly, the food was mediocre at best. The fried dill pickles were swimming in a paper tray of grease. Most likely will not return.

There are newer reviews for The Barge Restaurant

Reviewed 28 July 2017

My friends and myself went there for appetizers and rinks and the food was great -we had a salad -and a dip with nachos

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Our party of five ate at the Upstairs Barge on its first night of being open to the public. The service was great. The menu had a complete offering. The "fell" was more formal that downstairs. (And more pricey, but well worth it.) Our group had salads, beef tips, scallops, and salmon. All were excellent.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Seated immediately by friendly hostess. Waiter attentive but not overly so. Food was real good-flatbreads-and reasonably priced. A beautifull afternoon sitting by the river and enjoying our food.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I really enjoyed my very first visit there, but it was during the Rockin on the River concert so the menu was limited. But what I did get was very good. They were smoking BBQ that day so we had the ribs, and the calamari for an appetizer. I LOVED the calamari. It was cooked just right and the dipping sauce that came with it was very good. The ribs were also really good, especially for a place that is not a BBQ joint.

Our service was really good, even tho there was some confusion of some things because of the Festival but nothing that ruined our visit or anything. Our food came out in a timely manner and was hot.

I do want to go back and see what it's like on a normal menu night.