All reviews comedy zone train tracks front desk kids eat free great pool hot tub pool area free breakfast pet friendly hotel hotel restaurant nice lobby king suite fitness center light sleeper workout room would stay here again would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed December 27, 2015 via mobile

Very disappointed with this Holiday Inn - unlike the other guests who have nothing but rave reviews. On their OWN ihg.com website, it says "Breakfast included," - but that wasn't the case. The guy checking me in said "they're working on getting that information off of some sites." I said, "But, it's YOUR own website!" Whatever. Too bad some hotels insist on letting people smoke. So even though you get a non-smoking room, you can smell smoke everywhere. It's really disgusting. The amenities in the bathroom were very scarce - no shower cap, no shower gel. Very basic - soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, mouthwash. I stay at many, many Holiday Inns and am a reward member, so I'm not being overly picky. This one - not too good. It's basically clean, but bathroom had some floor issues. And I dropped something where I had to lift up the bed skirt on the bed to look for it, and it was pretty disgusting under there - food stuff, a fast-food napkin. The hallway noise was loud, air conditioner was loud. They have a parrot in the lobby by the cafe. While I am an avid bird lover and have owned many myself, I don't think this is a good place to put it - I know how messy birds are. When they fluff their feathers, whatever, stuff goes flying everywhere. My concerns - just too close to where food is served.
Go to Los Agaves Mexican restaurant right next door - walking distance. Very good Mexican food, good margaritas.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Max M
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2015

Dear Nancy H,

We are so sorry that your experience was not similar to all our other rave reviews. This is disappointing for you since I am sure you read about us before booking. First, let me address the breakfast issue. We do have a room package that includes our breakfast buffet, but nowhere does it indicate free breakfast. My sincere apology if it does not read with clarity. In terms of the bathroom amenities, they are what Holiday Inn brand requires. In reference to our ‘Mosa', she has been in this hotel for over 25 years as our parrot. She is not in the restaurant, but in an alcove off the restaurant. While I can appreciate your comments, we do take extra care to be sure she and her cage are kept clean so that she can entertain those who wish to visit with her. We apologize for your issues and hope you will give us a second chance.

Reviewed December 26, 2015

This was a very nice pet friendly hotel. There were lots of well mannered pet owners who were serious about cleaning up after their pets. Our room was clean and spacious. The only thing that I would shy away from was the handicapped accessible room. We did not need this accommodation and we were not prepared to use the shower. I am not quite sure how to keep the water from the shower from running across the bathroom floor. We were in room 216 and the water did not seem to run back to the drain. Our room had 8 to 10 towels and now I know why. We did share this with the folks at the desk.

Room tip: Stay away from room 216 unless you actually need a handicapped accessible shower
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 320carar

Dear CaraR,

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice comments about our Holiday Inn and Suites in Charleston, WV.

Reviewed December 23, 2015

I've never seen so many pet owners in one place in my life. $25 fee and it was well worth it. Plus the room was clean and comfortable. If you travel with pets, this is your place. It also has lots of great extras including a salt water indoor swimming pool.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Scott J

Dear Scott J,

It is amazing how many of us do travel with our pets. And we are so happy to be one of the only hotels in the area that can accommodate our two legged and four legged guests. We hope you had a chance to use all the other amenities of the hotel while visiting. Happy New Years.

Reviewed December 10, 2015 via mobile

We are local but stay here several times a year. We go to the comedy zone and have dinner. Since the refinishing this hotel is beautiful. Spotless. The staff is wonderful.
Each room has been fantastic..We have stayed in the King room..double queen and the two room suite...all were wonderful.
This will continue to be our little get-away place.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2015

Dear khudsonwv,

We love our Comedy Zone Package guests. You know how to get away for the night without leaving town. Hope you are planning on spending New Years Eve with us at the Comedy Zone as well. Going to be another great party.

Thanks,

Reviewed December 1, 2015 via mobile

This place was awesome!! Getting a room was a breeze and the customer service here is top notch. The lady at the desk helped get us the best room for our needs at a great price. We finally made our way to the pool and LOVED it. The pool room was warm, pool(salt water!) a good temp, hot tub was nice during our long trip. My favorite part was that there is this big section where the pool is only 9 inches deep. Perfect for little ones. We were in there and an worker poked his head in and told us to turn a certain knob. My son is 3 and daughter is 1 1/2. Turned it and their eyes light up as they both squealed. It became like a splash pad. Perfect ending to any day let alone one spent in the car. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. You won't be disappointed!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie B
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2015

Dear Stephanie B,

Top Notch Customer Service is what we strive for daily. Come back when it is warmer and we also do have a outdoor splash pad near the pool complex. The kids will love that as well. Thanks for all your nice comments and we hope you visit Holiday Inn and Suites in Charleston, WV again soon.