“New owners can't cook. Used to love the this restaurant”
Review of Bamboo Garden

Bamboo Garden
Ranked #110 of 290 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 2, 2017

The previous owners prepared REALLY good Chinese food and we dined there several times. The new owners need a good cook. I had Cashew Chicken there this evening, along with Hot and Sour soup and an egg roll. The Cashew Chicken arrived with no cashews at all, The vegetables in the dish were hardly cooked at all, The carrots, celery, and bamboo were still just as hard as when they were sliced. There was a tremendous amount of bamboo in the dish. The chicken was not cut properly either and the flavor was bland. This is my favorite Chinese dish and I have eaten it in at least 7 states. This is the worst I have ever had. The Hot and Sour soup was luke warm and appeared to be something from a can or warmed up. The egg roll had a good crust but appeared to be stuffed with just plain cabbage. The serving lady was very nice, but the food was very poorly prepared. I would not go there again. If you notice the older reviews reflect the previous owners, who were outstanding. Read less

1  Thank Montani42

Reviewed March 29, 2017

I have eaten here lots over the years. Recently not so much. We were in there and got raw chicken in our meal. Ewww! I was nice and brought it to there attention. They offered for us to order something else but after that, just not hungry. They still charged us full price for food we never touched. Haven't returned since.

Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

Large portions, not not the best food I've had. The food is ok though. Friendly staff and the restaraunt is clean. We drive further to go elsewhere though.

Reviewed February 16, 2016

Food is consistently good each time we eat there. They are just a short trip off the highway off I77 it is a small place but worth the trip!

Reviewed October 18, 2015

Looking for good food, that's fresh and cooked to order? Then try this location. Small, family run with great local school support, Oh did I mention the food? Been there 3 times and the variety of the menu, taste of the food and price are all great. Will go again when we are in the area.

1  Thank Carmelita P